2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Dont they always say give the manager time.

This manager will practically have a whole new squad and results will be expected right away. Like taking on a new team again.

It's a massive job.

Dont they always say give the manager time.

This manager will practically have a whole new squad and results will be expected right away. Like taking on a new team again.

It's a massive job.
I have told my Leicester supporting colleague to put a tenner on forest going down.

I look across this squad and just see fuck all other than in centre of defence.

Nothing at all at fullback

Nothing in central midfield.

The only attacking midfielders we have are allergic to getting in the box and are injury prone.

Nothing up front unless Grabban has an Indian summer

Nothing even approaching a number 10.

We need about 7 players to stay still and 10-11 to be competitive. It just feels like too much to do

I have told my Leicester supporting colleague to put a tenner on forest going down.

I look across this squad and just see fuck all other than in centre of defence.

Nothing at all at fullback

Nothing in central midfield.

The only attacking midfielders we have are allergic to getting in the box and are injury prone.

Nothing up front unless Grabban has an Indian summer

Nothing even approaching a number 10.

We need about 7 players to stay still and 10-11 to be competitive. It just feels like too much to do
Can’t say I disagree with any of that.

We have to get it right this summer to have any hope. In theory it’s a simple task - we know pretty much everyone needs replacing. Actually doing it though? That’s the rub and I don’t know if I trust the key decision makers to do it, certainly not properly based on previous years.

Can’t say I disagree with any of that.

We have to get it right this summer to have any hope. In theory it’s a simple task - we know pretty much everyone needs replacing. Actually doing it though? That’s the rub and I don’t know if I trust the key decision makers to do it, certainly not properly based on previous years.
This time last year we were in a position where we needed 3-4 good quality players to replace those that were lost and to improve the overall squad.

We signed 14, and I bet not many people could name all of them easily. A significant number have gone already.

Having done so, we are now 12 months later in a position where a number of us feel we need almost an entirely new team.

It's hard to see how we've got to this position.

This time last year we were in a position where we needed 3-4 good quality players to replace those that were lost and to improve the overall squad.

We signed 14, and I bet not many people could name all of them easily. A significant number have gone already.

Having done so, we are now 12 months later in a position where a number of us feel we need almost an entirely new team.

I think in the first instance the owners thought it would be easy and they could do it on the cheap. Then they thought that just signing lots of players would solve it.

The only potential plus is they finally brought in an experienced Championship manager so we have to hope they listen to him and take the division seriously, bringing in the players that will push us forwards and not just those who we can get on the cheap.

Makes you have to believe that a move to 3 at the back from pre-season should be tried Pope?

Mbe SoH, Worral, McKenna

Then can we get Christie on a free for right wing back, Garner on loan for 1 of the centre mid places, a new signing to partner, and a new left wing back (I would give Ioannou a go here)

Then Lolley, New Forward, New winger to complete the 11.

So fingers crossed to resign Christie and Garner, plus 3 new signings for the first 11? (4 if Ioannou is indeed off)

The next question is who?

Makes you have to believe that a move to 3 at the back from pre-season should be tried Pope?

Mbe SoH, Worral, McKenna

Then can we get Christie on a free for right wing back, Garner on loan for 1 of the centre mid places, a new signing to partner, and a new left wing back (I would give Ioannou a go here)

Then Lolley, New Forward, New winger to complete the 11.

So fingers crossed to resign Christie and Garner, plus 3 new signings for the first 11? (4 if Ioannou is indeed off)

The next question is who?
Three at the back is very difficult to get right. We don't remotely have the mobility for it up front, not the pace, whilst the requirement for wingback increases the cost and specs of any fullback we need to buy.

We would also need more centre halves- the three you have named amount to the sum total of our CBs pretty much- there is only the inconsistent Fig and Blackett to come in, plus Worrall is this summer's saleable asset.

Not sure why there is the obsession.

I would love to see the back of 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 though

To be fair they look totally reliant on Mcgeady having a good game.
They were- no speed of athleticism.

McGeady has played 30 games prior to today. One more would trigger a new one year deal that their owner doesn't feel they can afford. He played today only because he signed a waiver.

Wyke scored the goals he did only because of McGeady.

A lot of rebuilding there too

our squad has screamed out 3 at the back for 18 months, the problem is we have managers who are shit offensively and find it hard to get anything out of one striker let alone 2 or 3 :)