The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

how?

A Villa source has told Football Insider that McNeil, 21, is one of the top targets of their recruitment team and they are lining up a huge bid for him.

No one, high enough to be involved in transfer talks at Villa, are exclusively telling a site like that, anything - no one at Villa is telling anyone anything these days.

You are probably 100% right but they all do it these days. Anyway as the thread is titled rumours, I thought I would help spread one

My next campaign " No more wingers" nobody plays with wingers these days

edit unless we can find another Ray Graydon who nets 25 in a season

Agreed. We need three strikers who can interchange along the lines of Mane, Salah and Firmino/Neves.

Smith is losing the plot if he thinks getting more wingers in for Ollie to feed off is going to work. Ollie is NOT a targetman. He's many things, but NOT a targetman.

We need quality midfielders to support Jack and another striker alongside Ollie as a minimum....... Tammy ideally.

I think a lot of this comes down to personal opinion. I wouldnt personally call Sterling, Salah or Mane wingers but some would.
A winger for me would be more the likes of Albrighton, Harvey Barnes, Pepe, Benrahma, Jack Harrison, McNeil
I'm with you, wingers to me are touchline huggers who supply crosses for the big man. Today they use what we used to call inside forwards and the fullbacks supply crosses to all 3 forward players

I think another player in the same style as Watkins would be make us more flexible, ideally with a left foot who can push/challenge/overtake Traore.

A more experienced no.10 or perhaps another loan is starting to make sense to me thinking about bringing Chukwuemeka on, if the club really does have high hopes for him.

Obvs we need a LB and a RB to keep the Mattys honest.

You are probably 100% right but they all do it these days. Anyway as the thread is titled rumours, I thought I would help spread one

Oh yes, mate, I wasn't having. Go at you. Totally agree it is all about rumours nd us talking who you would like and not like.

But those sites are shocking. No idea how they get away with it. If I did that vital villa would grt thrown off newsnow for not substantiating the claim, I kid you not.

How can you possibly say Benrahma would have been a better signing in hindsight? He's been awful for West ham.

Traore - 5 goals 4 assists in 1861 minutes (a goal involvement every 207 mind)

Bowen - 8 goals 5 assists in 2354 minutes (a goal involvement every 181 mins)

Benrahma - 0 goals 4 assists in 1122 minutes (a goal involvement every 280 mins)

So yes, you could in hindsight say Bowen would have been a better signing although he's been there 6 months longer so had more time to settle and cost £8 million more so its touch and go....

But Benrahma? Seriously?

How can you possibly say Benrahma would have been a better signing in hindsight? He's been awful for West ham.

Traore - 5 goals 4 assists in 1861 minutes (a goal involvement every 207 mind)

Bowen - 8 goals 5 assists in 2354 minutes (a goal involvement every 181 mins)

Benrahma - 0 goals 4 assists in 1122 minutes (a goal involvement every 280 mins)

So yes, you could in hindsight say Bowen would have been a better signing although he's been there 6 months longer so had more time to settle and cost £8 million more so its touch and go....

But Benrahma? Seriously?

Should have signed Maupay as well.

the stats prove Bowen would of been better even if a bit more money

Benrhama isn't getting games so hard to judge but i think he'd suit us better and would walk into our team, getting into a flying West Ham side is more difficult

Bowen's contribution in terms of goals and assists isn't that much greater than Traore's despite West Ham doing a lot better than us this season.

Most of Bowen's good work has been done in the last 2 months where he's hit a bit of a purple patch (3 goals, 2 assists in his last 5 games). It took him over 12 months to settle, and that was just changing divisions, where as Traore has moved countries.

Traore is equally capable of hitting a purple patch at some point. He certainly has the talent. It's easy to argue that Traore will be hitting similar or better numbers than Bowen next season after a full season and pre-season under his belt.

I'd still be buying another wide forward though to challenge him as Ghazi and Trez aren't good enough.

Aren't Ghazi's stats better than Traores though. Trez is out for 12 months so we definitely need at least one more wide mid.

Ghazi loves a shot doesn't he. Kind of love that about him, everyone loves a trier, but I suppose if you throw enough balls eventually you win a fish.

I think Traore has more class, and just more about him in terms of unlocking defences and creating chances.

Both are very capable of having horrendous games though.

To be clear I',m not saying any of them are the answer... think my point was more that neither Bowen and especially Benrahma would have really been the answer either.

I want proven quality. I want Zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.