Our Fishy Friends | Page 45 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Grimsby away to Exeter on Tuesday...............Grecians need a win to have any PO chance

Then they have Port Vale at home.........Vale have nothing to play for

Last game is away to Cambridge......currently 2nd in the table and looking good for automatics

They are not winning all of them

I'm sorry to see them fall out of the EFL but it is hard to say that it hasn't been on the cards for a couple of seasons at least. Very reminiscent of Notts County. Any bets on Scunthorpe for next year?

Never has it been so well demonstrated that good quality ownership is really, really important to the future of a football club.

Personally don’t enjoy seeing Grimsby relegated. Big rivals and a real club that’s been the victim of dreadful ownership. Just hope they can sort themselves out. Could be at least another six years of hell if they don’t. Thankful that we sorted ourselves out and are now reaping our deserved rewards.

Oh what a night. Imps secure a vital away win, two injury time goals against Portsmouth and Charlton to sweeten the gap.

Time then to turn attention to the cod game. Waterfall starts it off nicely with an og but horror of horrors the fishy ones turn it around. No fear though, a sending off and two late killer goals to send them down in glorious fashion.

Just a shame Southend hadn't got their gig together in time for Scunts dropping like a stone.

Anyway a thoroughly enjoyable evening will ensure I sleep like a log tonight.

To be honest, I take no joy in their relegation. Their fans will be hurting, a feeling which we know too well. They are worse off due to two relegations in recent years and it will be a lot harder this time around to get back. We should be bigger people and not kick them when they are (literally) down. Just my opinion

To be honest, I take no joy in their relegation. Their fans will be hurting, a feeling which we know too well. They are worse off due to two relegations in recent years and it will be a lot harder this time around to get back. We should be bigger people and not kick them when they are (literally) down. Just my opinion

I'm actually going to keep my trap shut too, not going to post anything on The Fishy .... for a moment there I thought they were going to pull off a miraculous escape at Scunny's expense.