Go To War Or Get The F*** Out! Villa v WBA 25/4 7pm Match Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Go To War Or Get The F*** Out! Villa v WBA 25/4 7pm Match Thread

The time to win this one was in the opening 20 minutes when Albion were like rabbits in the headlights of a Villa team up for it....

We did not go for the throat and no one took control, we need a Denis Mortimer in the midfield with a massive set of bollocks to boss the midfield..... we lack a real leader on the pitch.

What a weird one. Sharpest going forward we've looked in weeks, chucked one in the net for them and then ground away at them for the rest of the game.

Mings and Konsa need to have a bit of a chat after that. Errors like that are from unearned complacency.

Well done Keinan on his first Prem goal. Could've had a hat trick.

Brilliant to see Wes. So desperate for his first touch he ends up being bollocked by Deano to get in the area.

Barkley I thought was really good in patches.

McGinn tireless but gave the ball away loads again.

Baggies played out their skins but we should be beating them.

Even I, who has been a 100% Dean loyalist, is getting concerned.

No way would I advocate sacking Smith but the summer transfer window is crucial to Dean's future. We can not have this poor form next year.

I'm not asking to break the top 4 next year but we have to be finishing between 9th and 5th and most importantly demonstrating consistency.

Good idea of Smith bring on a striker to try and save the game. Scored, had a shot saved, hit he post to prove Smith right. NO IT PROVED HIM WRONG. Give Davis a proper chance. He will score goals. He is not the player he was. He's much stronger, much better. Start him regularly for the rest of the season.
He was absolutely fucking shit against Man City. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Actually thought that was our best display for a while tbh. Delighted to see Davis on the scoresheet and the fact that the goal really means Albion are down is the icing on the cake.....we're comfortable in 11th place, they're virtually relegated. Not a bad night.
I agree and weirdly enjoyed it, just to see us fluid in attack. Baggies defended really well up to the Davis goal and were stopping everything between the defence and Johnstone, who doesn't deserve to be relegated.

Corners have been awful all season. The most annoying thing is they seem to be planned with "red" or "blue" code words and they're still woeful.
Something that frustrates me is how narrow we line up at corners. It would appear that everybody has to be in a line from the centre of the goal and through the penalty spot. For crying out loud spread yourselves out and create some space in the penalty area. Especially in light of the fact that none of our players appears to be able to accurately cross the bloody ball.