The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

Southgate on Ollie:
We like his pressing, the speed and runs in behind. He's got some improvement to make in linking the game but, for his first season in the Premier League at a big club, he's done exceptionally well
Source:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56440087

Can't argue with that. Like the "big club" bit, fair play.

It won’t harm his development training with the England squad either, hopefully gives him the self belief that he’s good enough and will want to try even harder for us once he has a taste of it.

He’ll have Mings to keep him company, shame Jack won’t be there.

Extremely pleased for him. I have to say I think it's a strange call up to international level considering his wasteful finishing and ball control. But on the other hand he does run alot and there aren't many English strikers about who do what he does in terms of work rate. Good for him and his development.

Congratulations to Ollie Watkins, what a journey for him and great to see another villa player represent their country

I like Watkins but I think more is to come from him. I think he will improve and hopefully this call up will be a springboard for further success. I’m actually a little surprised he’s been called up so soon in his PL career (especially when looking at the Grealish situation) but with a few injuries I guess he is the next best in line.

Just been reading that if Ollie gets on the pitch for England it will trigger a £1M payment to Brentford. Same again for his first few caps and another £1M for staying up this season. Should help them fund another unknown gem from league 2