Champions League QF Draw | Vital Football

Champions League QF Draw

Skoorb

Alert Team
The draw takes place on Friday 19 March at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.

It all gets under way at 11am UK time.

Confirmed quarter-finalists:
  • Borussia Dortmund (GER)
  • Liverpool (ENG)
  • Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
  • Porto (POR)
  • Manchester City (ENG)
  • Real Madrid (ESP)
Round of 16 ties to be concluded:
  • Lazio (ITA) / Bayern Munich (GER)
  • Atlético Madrid (ESP) / Chelsea (ENG)
Quarter-finals:
  • First legs: 6/7 April
  • Second legs: 13/14 April

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/w...final-and-semi-final-draw-march-2021-63751525

By the way the infection rates are spreading in Europe I cannot see either of our ties being held in either England or Germany. Looks like we’ll be off to Budapest again....

By the way the infection rates are spreading in Europe I cannot see either of our ties being held in either England or Germany. Looks like we’ll be off to Budapest again....

There's a note on the Athletic this morning....

"Premier League players will be permitted to travel to Germany during the March international break after a travel exemption was introduced for people entering the country from the UK.

Germany are scheduled to play World Cup qualifiers against Iceland and North Macedonia at home, either side of a game in Romania, during the international break.

The regulations also apply to Icelandic players from the Premier League who need to enter Germany for their match on March 25".

So......does this have the air of another UEFA stitch up? This does seem like the hardest side of the draw.

Friends in Berlin tell me that the virus is once again on the rampage. Perhaps the problem won't be players going to mainland Europe but instead having to isolate in a Manchester airport hotel for 10 days upon return, resorting to raiding the mini bar whilst watching repeats of Locate, Locate, Locate and Married at First Sight in Australia - a sickening scenario that I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even John Terry.

Dortmund Blackadder is a decent draw although Porto might have been kinder on the nerves. We can also use the opportunity of tapping up Haaland whenever the ball goes out of play. Chelsea and (especially) Bayern are the worries, and Liverpool will be wanting to compensate for their run of poor league form. It's not easy but then again the rewards will be so much greater.