Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 30 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky

Unfortunately we have too many not up to the task. Having the likes of Traore, Barkley and Trez all in the same side is asking for big problems. The rest of the side is fighting against decent premier league teams whilst being given those as outlets. One of them you might be able to cope with but all 3?

A game of two halves if there ever was one but after the break we never really got out of first gear. Martinez first class as ever and Matty Targett showing again that he’s one of the most improved players in the league. Take the point which takes us after just 26 games to 40 and move on. Let’s face it, no matter how frustrating this week has been....nobody would have predicted that at the start of the season.

Fair enough but that’s not the point for me. We had worked hard to be free of relegation worries weeks ago and built a platform to play more relaxed football without relegation pressure. And yet we’ve deteriorated badly and it’s Dean’s job to improve a team not preside over it getting worse.

We were under the cosh second half, and Smith took too long to change things. Totally unfair again for those that decide to judge Davis in a game where the ball was down the other end of the pitch. He showed fight in the couple of moments we finally got up the other end, but we were just hanging on. Should have come on after the hour mark, when it was obvious the game was running away from us - instead another like for like swap, albeit an inferior one. Barkley and Traore both also guilty of shocking balls back into our own box. Hope Mings is ok.

Yet Davis is prime Alan Shearer? :lol:

That's a straw man argument. I am not saying Davis is Alan Shearer I'm saying how is he supposed to score a goal from on the bench? Why is Watkins getting all of this unquestioned game time spurning chance after chance yet Davis is an awful player for not winning a match in the last 10 minutes? Give Davis 90 minutes every week he will equal Watkins goal tally. Personally I like them both this isn't a Watkins vs Davis thing I just think Smith is not using them as well as he could.

Spot on

We were under the cosh second half, and Smith took too long to change things. Totally unfair again for those that decide to judge Davis in a game where the ball was down the other end of the pitch. He showed fight in the couple of moments we finally got up the other end, but we were just hanging on. Should have come on after the hour mark, when it was obvious the game was running away from us - instead another like for like swap, albeit an inferior one. Barkley and Traore both also guilty of shocking balls back into our own box. Hope Mings is ok.