Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 37 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

He has been shite for most of the season and does shout a lot. Since his Man City debacle he has gone back to basics and improved a lot but he still isn't doing anything special he is just being a good solid centre back which is his job. Those clean sheets are largely down to Martinez. If a goal keeper is making as many saves as ours is it does suggest that our defence could improve.
Clean sheets are a bit misleading, we've conceded about 2 a game in the ones we have conceded in. So yes room for improvement as always

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but, two of our recent wins have been 1-0 with us having scored in the first five minutes.... Can't remember a Villa team that could be that resilient in many many years.... In the past scoring early was usually a kiss of death....

I know football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs but if you think Tyrone Mings isn't good enough for the Villa, you need to take yourself outside and give yourself a good kick up the arse.

He's the best English centre back around. He leads the team. He's a top professional and we are lucky to have him.

Jesus wept.

As this entertaining thread draws to a close, one final observation which nobody seems to have mentioned....Raphinha’s shorts....wtf? Hitched up presumably to show off his wonderful tattoos? :lol: What with him, the ridiculous hair styles, pathetic wispy beards, the theatrical, whinging fairy up front, a pitch on a par with my local pub team’s and their ridiculously bitter fan base.....‘twas wonderful to put them all back in their over hyped manager’s bucket! Sheffield U....here we come.......!

I know football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs but if you think Tyrone Mings isn't good enough for the Villa, you need to take yourself outside and give yourself a good kick up the arse.

He's the best English centre back around. He leads the team. He's a top professional and we are lucky to have him.

Jesus wept.
I think he plays next to the best English Centre Back at Villa

Jesus wept.
Yeah, to be fair though, he did go a bit weird for a month or so. Seemed to mentally have a bit of a wobble but that seems like its fixed and he is back to his best.
I do like Mings.... but i still think Konsa is better. Either way we have Englands best centre backs.

Yeah, to be fair though, he did go a bit weird for a month or so. Seemed to mentally have a bit of a wobble but that seems like its fixed and he is back to his best.
I do like Mings.... but i still think Konsa is better. Either way we have Englands best centre backs.

Konsa gets a lot of love and rightly so. I think centre back partnerships are much more important than the individual players, if you know what I mean. In Mings and Konsa, we've got a great one.

Jesus wept.
I do have to say though BB, he looks a whole lot better since he was getting stick because he has stopped pissing about on the ball and got back to basics, which is what central defenders do best.

I would like to say Elmo had a very good game he made me eat my words after criticising him we have one of the best defences ion the league and our goalie helps a bit
I had a feeling Elmo would be crap in the first game and decent in the second. He’s been out of the team for a while and is one of the older players so I’ll let him off taking a game to get up to speed. He’s rarely let us down since he joined, he’s a real “solid-pro” type player and we’ve certainly lacked some of those over the years

I do have to say though BB, he looks a whole lot better since he was getting stick because he has stopped pissing about on the ball and got back to basics, which is what central defenders do best.

Launches a few too many now but I think he's proving some sort of point at times

As this entertaining thread draws to a close, one final observation which nobody seems to have mentioned....Raphinha’s shorts....wtf? Hitched up presumably to show off his wonderful tattoos? :lol: What with him, the ridiculous hair styles, pathetic wispy beards, the theatrical, whinging fairy up front, a pitch on a par with my local pub team’s and their ridiculously bitter fan base.....‘twas wonderful to put them all back in their over hyped manager’s bucket! Sheffield U....here we come.......!

Yes, it has been an all-around entertaining thread helped by a good 3 points, and further helped by being able to laugh at Leeds United and the ridiculous amount of pineapples on their heads!

The Leeds fans call Villa the biggest cheats to have played at that dump so let's finish the thread nicely with a demonstration on how to really cheat:lol:

Last edited:

Jesus wept.
A little OTT that.... Mings has had periods of very dodgy performances and rightly got criticised. On the other hand, since the Covid outbreak in January he has been very good and has rightly received praise for his performances. He is now blocking correctly/bravely instead of standing off his man and turning sideways, and he is doing the simple things (like banging it into Row Z when called for). Long may it continue....

It's all about the partnership I think.

Ken NcNaught got pelters when he first joined Villa , but when he paired up with Allan Evans there was no looking back.
You stole my thunder there @sirdennis - I was about to post exactly that. I can only imagine the sort of "abuse" that big Ken would've got on forums such as this if they'd been around back then. Shaun Teale was another who was the perfect partner for God.

It always annoys me when England managers pick the best two individual players for the national team when they'd be far better served by picking a pairing that compliments each other. It's why Pallister never looked that good playing for England but looked brilliant at ManUre when Bruce was doing the dirty work for him.