Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 36 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

We have reached the holy grail of 39 points which means safety!

With 14 matches still to go this makes me happy.

Going on an average then we should be around 60 points at the end of the season

First time in years I have felt able to relax over Villa and enjoy the season even with the pandemic

Last edited:
Yeah absloute shite...just shouts a lot apparently! On a serious note, think he’s been really good over the past few weeks even though the team has struggled a bit. Lead by example. Got so much stick earlier in season from one or two but hardly a mention these days so suppose he must be playing well!

He has been shite for most of the season and does shout a lot. Since his Man City debacle he has gone back to basics and improved a lot but he still isn't doing anything special he is just being a good solid centre back which is his job. Those clean sheets are largely down to Martinez. If a goal keeper is making as many saves as ours is it does suggest that our defence could improve.

He has been shite for most of the season and does shout a lot. Since his Man City debacle he has gone back to basics and improved a lot but he still isn't doing anything special he is just being a good solid centre back which is his job. Those clean sheets are largely down to Martinez. If a goal keeper is making as many saves as ours is it does suggest that our defence could improve.

Disagree completely....he hasn’t been shite for ‘most‘ of the season. Had games where he could have done better but to say he’s been shite for most of the season is far from accurate in my opinion and probably quite a few others. 13 clean sheets in 24 games is a tremendous effort from all 5 of them,not just Martinez.

Mings has realised he ain't beckenbauer, cut out the turns and flicks and much better for it. So is my heart rate.

Taken it a bit too literally but yesterday it was the correct way and he cleared his line well.
Ball watches too much but imagines he knows that and will be working with JT on it

Disagree completely....he hasn’t been shite for ‘most‘ of the season. Had games where he could have done better but to say he’s been shite for most of the season is far from accurate in my opinion and probably quite a few others. 13 clean sheets in 24 games is a tremendous effort from all 5 of them,not just Martinez.
We wouldn’t be a few points off Europe if we had a “shite” first choice centre back. Mings isn’t the best defender in our history but he’s decent. I don’t think in the last 5 or 6 games he’s done anything wrong - even that Man City incident IFAB said that’s not how the offside rule is supposed to work and it was essentially a refereeing error

He's definitely improved since the cit£h game. Now looks for row z rather than trying to play fancy football.
very good ploy against Leeds as it breaks their high-intensity game up with throw ins.
Leeds are very good a fouling the opposition when they break as well, the foul count was 14 each yesterday broke the game up in our favour I thought

very good ploy against Leeds as it breaks their high-intensity game up with throw ins.
Leeds are very good a fouling the opposition when they break as well, the foul count was 14 each yesterday broke the game up in our favour I thought
Dean Smith got the tactics bang on, from the team selection even down to getting them to play the ball longer than usual, and decent use of subs too. He deserves huge credit because he gets enough stick of us when he doesn’t anything tactically

Dean Smith got the tactics bang on, from the team selection even down to getting them to play the ball longer than usual, and decent use of subs too. He deserves huge credit because he gets enough stick of us when he doesn’t anything tactically

Dean got it right yesterday. Absolutely fantastic ! To have a team like Leeds under our complete control is no mean feat. Our tactics made them forget how they played their own game. I really did not want to watch the game fearing a hammering at Bellend road, but dearie me what a win we got. A fantastic defensive performance nullifying their attacking threat.

Last edited:
That cross for Trez v Leicester in the Carabao last season was a thing of beauty. As was the cross for AEG in the playoff final.

I thought he played well against Leeds, much better than the previous match. He's a good pro to have around imho and another year would be fine. I doubt he's a high earner.