Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1190 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I love watching Leeds and I am not surprised many other neutrals do as well. The way they attack is really fantastic. If they sort out their defence, they will be a team to be reckoned with. I almost do not want to watch the Leeds game vs us.

If only we had employed Bielsa instead of Smith; we'd have been promoted. Oh, wait... Leeds are scum. They were scum under Revie and every manager since. Speaking impartially.

I believe we have sorted out our sports science setup, and it showed earlier in the season. Even now, we do play for 90 minutes. Half awake on 20 minutes is something else.

i remember one night pat mulleady from the fruit and veg whitehead road came after school and ask me if i wanted to go to the wolves away match, and his dad drove us there fantastic atmostphere, and im sure peter mcparland was a friend of his dad and he was playing but i cant remember if he was playing for the villa or wolves, i think it was a 2-2 draw, the reason i remember is because pat told everyone that i had cornflakes for my dinner, seanie

Isn’t this the argument the big, traditional European clubs are using to justify them being given an automatic entry into the Champions League based on their history? They don’t like being excluded by nobodies like Atalanta. Liverpool, Inter etc want the right to a place whatever their league position. They want the “shite” clubs out.

I wanted the shit clubs out of the prem because of the boring football they played and not because they don't have a successful history. However, in the champions league I don't think you'd find teams playing rubbish football. This new idea that is being discussed to automatically grant qualification to the top clubs is unfair on the smaller clubs.

The problem is the clubs who will be replacing them will be far worse and not enhance the PL at all at the moment it would be Norwich Brentford and Swansea who would bring nothing to the PL except 6 points to the big boys
We need the big traditional Clubs back in the PL those who command the big gates, the History etc. Never going to happen as the PL is all about money, even with no fans in the grounds it's making millions
Like the idea of a Brentford 'deano derby'....in the PL that is!

Looks good for a modern stadium design, and fair play for a city centre stadium for the real fans not one where they move to a junction just off the motorway. That looks a bit further down from the docks than originally planned if I remember, but that’s too touristy to introduce 55k football fans to every other weekend.

Will be a shame to see another old stadium go though.
Similar look to saints location?
Is this near to goodison park?

Dont worry.....binocular bielsa wont know what's hit them when Smith unleashes the Barkley press in midfield.....🤣

Yes they’ll shit themselves for all of that whole minute and then wonder where he’s gone for the next 89.

(Obviously he’ll be on the touch line having another teenage melodrama, and trying to find where he chucked his boots).

Looks good for a modern stadium design, and fair play for a city centre stadium for the real fans not one where they move to a junction just off the motorway. That looks a bit further down from the docks than originally planned if I remember, but that’s too touristy to introduce 55k football fans to every other weekend.

Will be a shame to see another old stadium go though.

Everton is a district in Liverpool. I'm not sure that this new ground will be in Everton. How would we feel if Villa moved into a city centre stadium?

Everton is a district in Liverpool. I'm not sure that this new ground will be in Everton. How would we feel if Villa moved into a city centre stadium?
TBH there are no Villa Fans in Aston anymore haven't been for many years. In saying that with a bit of urban generation thrown in you couldn't get a better setting than Villa Park. There is no better sight in football than walking towards the holte is there ?
No reason to move Villa Park at all ever and the city centre would be a nightmare place to put a football ground, not that there is any room anyway.

That is very true. I did once walk from the docks to both stadiums and it’s a fair old walk, must be 1.5/2 miles through some hell holes.