Racism - Controversial Opinion Here... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Racism - Controversial Opinion Here...

Look a bit closer shotshy. Wilf Zaha and Ivan Toney getting lots of coverage for not wanting to take the knee. Much less attention to what they say in their second amnd subsequent parahgraphs. They are much more hardcore than many of those taking the knee. Meanwhile a number of others, the Swansea squad for starters, determined to keep it going. It obviously won't carry on as before and some will drop it altogether and clubs may decide not to act as a unit but it will continue. It's likely to come back each time no, or inadequate action is taken.

I know exactly what Zara’s views are jogills.
I’m slightly more literate than you give me credit for.
Stand up like a man and be proud of who you are.
That’s Wilf’s mantra.
And personally, I happen to agree with him.
Taking to the knee looks subservient to me, not a mark of protest.
It’s a fad and like most fads, will fade.

.....after months of taking the knee.

I thought we were told players agreed to do this between themselves?

Lyle Taylor now. I hope the self-righteous retired white posters on this board can explain to them why kneeling was (and is) the correct thing to do

Wow. I'm sure Vadaine, Jordan, Tyreke, John, Dominic, Ryan and Matty etc would all love to hear more about why you think they have been wasting their time for 5 seconds before recent games!
No surprise that Valencia was the only one brave enough to put a 'like' under your totally non -empathetic comment.

Wow. I'm sure Vadaine, Jordan, Tyreke, John, Dominic, Ryan and Matty etc would all love to hear more about why you think they have been wasting their time for 5 seconds before recent games!

They can if they want. They can register on site and ask me. We can discuss how hard done by they are (even though they all earn considerably more than me). I can't imagine they are too bothered what I think about it though!

I know exactly what Zara’s views are jogills.
I’m slightly more literate than you give me credit for.
Stand up like a man and be proud of who you are.
That’s Wilf’s mantra.
And personally, I happen to agree with him.
Taking to the knee looks subservient to me, not a mark of protest.
It’s a fad and like most fads, will fade.

Apologies if that's how my comments came across, not my intention at all. Zaha sounds
more likely to take unilateral action to me. He's had enough. I think some will carry on for a while yet but of course it will become much less widespread and will Peter out at some stage. There is a wide range of opinions on this action amongst the players but they sound United on their impatience with inaction by authorities.

Everybody is racist to some extent, it is impossible not to be if you live in a multiracial society with different customs, languages and religions.

No, they really aren't.
I dislike a few customs (generally the ones that oppress women) and as an atheist I have problems with most religions. But I can't hate someone because of their language or the fact they have a different colour skin.

No, they really aren't.
I dislike a few customs (generally the ones that oppress women) and as an atheist I have problems with most religions. But I can't hate someone because of their language or the fact they have a different colour skin.

I also dislike a few customs (also generally the ones that oppress women) and as an atheist I also have problems with most religions.

You can be racist towards someone or some group without hating them. The dictionary definition of racism doesn't mention the word "hate" at all.

'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized'

No, they really aren't.
Same for me too although I'm unaware of to whom your response was aimed. One of my 'Fab Four' I assume