Jan Transfer Window | Page 66 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

CP most certainly does!

I would have enjoyed seeing Cash and Osborn together as attacking fullbacks and yes I know you don't rate Ben...

No, I did rate Ben - just not as a full back.... possibly a wing back, but my issue with Osborn was he was positionally poor defensively and when making a tackle, he also lacks the speed.

As a no.10 or left mid - I think he's a very good player, because he gets the ball moving quickly, and forward and can pass.

No, I did rate Ben - just not as a full back.... possibly a wing back, but my issue with Osborn was he was positionally poor defensively and when making a tackle, he also lacks the speed.

As a no.10 or left mid - I think he's a very good player, because he gets the ball moving quickly, and forward and can pass.

Still wrong :p

He's never been a full back & never will be.... Bong is better (& that is saying something).

I thought he'd get more game time, with Wilder playing 3 at the back, but that's not happened for him yet..... no goals for the Blades either!

He had been playing regularly then got injured over a month ago.

So wrong again!

Woodgate as caretaker manager seems an odd choice? Good win tonight maybe they weren't playing for the old manager, we aren't in bad form better than when we played them last time hopefully we give them a much better game.

Woodgate as caretaker manager seems an odd choice? Good win tonight maybe they weren't playing for the old manager, we aren't in bad form better than when we played them last time hopefully we give them a much better game.

I could follow the logic behind the Tindall appointment, be it slightly left field but Woodgate? Pretty sure the dressing room was behind Tindall. Could go wrong pretty quickly. Hopefully starting Saturday.

He had been playing regularly then got injured over a month ago.

So wrong again!

Blades have had massive injury problems, Ben's been an unused sub in last 2, so only had around 3 weeks injured. Despite your assertions, I do look out for him and want him to do well.

He's featured in 14/27 - so, hardly a regular, but stick to your narrative CP - you wouldn't admit it if you were wrong & am starting to wonder whether you're my wife?

Opinions are like ar53holes..... & all that - Osborn is not & will never be a successful left full back, unless he learns how to tackle, improves his defensive awareness and positioning - finds the ability to run faster & is stronger in the air.... otherwise, there's potential!

Blades have had massive injury problems, Ben's been an unused sub in last 2, so only had around 3 weeks injured. Despite your assertions, I do look out for him and want him to do well.

He's featured in 14/27 - so, hardly a regular, but stick to your narrative CP - you wouldn't admit it if you were wrong & am starting to wonder whether you're my wife?

Opinions are like ar53holes..... & all that - Osborn is not & will never be a successful left full back, unless he learns how to tackle, improves his defensive awareness and positioning - finds the ability to run faster & is stronger in the air.... otherwise, there's potential!

And Wilder said that while he is training again he still has issues but has to sit on the bench as they've few other options.

Obviously you know better than his manager though.

More than good enough at championship level to play LB.

And Wilder said that while he is training again he still has issues but has to sit on the bench as they've few other options.

Obviously you know better than his manager though.

More than good enough at championship level to play LB.

Of course, I don't know better than his manager - but, managers say lots of things & if he's not fit - you'd be better with an academy player on the bench.

If you have a sub who's injured, you bring him on & he breaks down - you've wasted a sub - which is why I've never understood that logic.

Would you pick Osborn over Ribeiro at LB?

I wouldn't, I'd rather have Benny in front of him, of at worst one of the front 3 (LH side) - which is where I think he's better, but that's just my opinion.

Of course, I don't know better than his manager - but, managers say lots of things & if he's not fit - you'd be better with an academy player on the bench.

If you have a sub who's injured, you bring him on & he breaks down - you've wasted a sub - which is why I've never understood that logic.

Would you pick Osborn over Ribeiro at LB?

I wouldn't, I'd rather have Benny in front of him, of at worst one of the front 3 (LH side) - which is where I think he's better, but that's just my opinion.

I would given our propensity to play two DM and especially with McKenna fit.

We've only conceded two more goals than the leaders but have scored less than half. So even if I accept we might concede the odd extra goal with him as LB the increased output would more than compensate.

I would given our propensity to play two DM and especially with McKenna fit.

We've only conceded two more goals than the leaders but have scored less than half. So even if I accept we might concede the odd extra goal with him as LB the increased output would more than compensate.

Fair point about scoring goals, but perhaps that may improve now, with Garner & Krov.... plus a confident Knocky/Murray. There is much to be said for player partnerships and Murray/Knocky & Bong are aware of each others games.... big acid test in the nexy few weeks though.

I still prefer Benny in the more advanced role, he's a very clever footballer, gets the ball moving forwards quickly and can cross the ball.