Jan Transfer Window | Page 65 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

:lol::lol:

Complete Rubbish Paz - if you'd actually watched any u23 football, I'd think about taking you or your opinions seriously.

Brennan, like many other youngsters, is out on loan - for him to learn about competitive league football - but, if you listen to Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe manager) he very openly talks about the gulf between L1 & the Championship - this is how we develop our youngsters without risking our own league position.

The players you list are from several different year groups. Yates & Worrall have both been loaned out & both faced criticism at NFFC in the past, but are very clearly growing in stature.

Mighten - no evidence to suggest that he will be a success, but I hope he is obviously. Arguably, if he was loaned out - he could be getting game time, rather than sat on a bench!

Cash is doing really well at Villa & I'm pleased for him - definitely a success for our academy, but others have been sold & not done so well.

Arvin Appiah - year above Mighten, has done nothing at Almeira & now loaned out.

Brereton has scored 5 in 70 appearances for Blackburn in 2.5 years!

What has Burke achieved in achieved in the 4.5 years since we cashed in?

He's become a journeyman, having been moved on almost yearly & scoring just 9 goals.

None of those 3 attacking players can hold a candle to Grabban's record, who has proven his worth season after season. In fact this, season - despite his age and injury record, he has a better goals per game ratio than Burke or Brereton.

By all means, back up your assertions with some facts!

There are plenty of good prospects in our academy, but we only learn about how they adapt to league football - when out on loan - if any of the u23s were good enough, we would be playing them now!!
All look like good bits of club business. Even selling Britt too. Would it be worth taking a punt on bringing Appiah back, or a perm straight swap for Carv ?

Complete Rubbish Paz - if you'd actually watched any u23 football, I'd think about taking you or your opinions seriously.

Brennan, like many other youngsters, is out on loan - for him to learn about competitive league football - but, if you listen to Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe manager) he very openly talks about the gulf between L1 & the Championship - this is how we develop our youngsters without risking our own league position.

The players you list are from several different year groups. Yates & Worrall have both been loaned out & both faced criticism at NFFC in the past, but are very clearly growing in stature.

Mighten - no evidence to suggest that he will be a success, but I hope he is obviously. Arguably, if he was loaned out - he could be getting game time, rather than sat on a bench!

Cash is doing really well at Villa & I'm pleased for him - definitely a success for our academy, but others have been sold & not done so well.

Arvin Appiah - year above Mighten, has done nothing at Almeira & now loaned out.

He's become a journeyman, having been moved on almost yearly & scoring just 9 goals.

None of those 3 attacking players can hold a candle to Grabban's record, who has proven his worth season after season. In fact this, season - despite his age and injury record, he has a better goals per game ratio than Burke or Brereton.

There are plenty of good prospects in our academy, but we only learn about how they adapt to league football - when out on loan - if any of the u23s were good enough, we would be playing them now!!
Having watched Brennan Johnson Playing for Lincoln on Sky the other night he clearly has a great talent that needs nurturing. However it is also clear that just at the moment he lacks the physicality to cope with the cut & thrust of regular championship football.
Hopefully by completing this season at Lincoln, at the beginning of next season he will have added more physical strength to his talent and have the experience of a full season of league football under his belt, which can only be to our benefit

Having watched Brennan Johnson Playing for Lincoln on Sky the other night he clearly has a great talent that needs nurturing. However it is also clear that just at the moment he lacks the physicality to cope with the cut & thrust of regular championship football.
Hopefully by completing this season at Lincoln, at the beginning of next season he will have added more physical strength to his talent and have the experience of a full season of league football under his belt, which can only be to our benefit

Exactly - Brennan is a fantastic prospect and the loan is giving him the development that WE need!

All look like good bits of club business. Even selling Britt too. Would it be worth taking a punt on bringing Appiah back, or a perm straight swap for Carv ?

Not for me, Mighten was always regarded as the better prospect - Arvin has gone to Spain and it hasn't worked out, but he has a big price tag to justify!

The fact is the most of them are hyped to the max yet turn out to be dogshit.

He spent too much time falling over for me, another one with talent but too lightweight at the moment

Youre still missing the entire point. the club should be based around its youngsters and them brought on here, theres sod all rubbish about that opinion, its a valid arguement and not doing it has acheived us absolutely nothing in 20 years.

Where is the evidence that not playing youngsters is/has worked? its just ridiculous to even think weve been successful, the times we have done well in probabaly the last '30' years has been when playing with youngsters.

It isnt just about unready kids as you keep alluding too, some players are good enough at 17, others 23, if they aint ready by 23 then they arent part of the argument., it's also about a 'team', remember when we used to have them? Playing with an ethos and a style and progressing.

Personally I dont see the real point of the whole academy, it may be profitable or it may not be, if we aint utilising it as one of our core strengths of the team, not a back up financial nest egg. Id rather the actual talented people like Brazil focus on where we actually need success

", the Reds have mustered just 11 wins in the second tier since that day; Leeds have 12 despite not having taken part in the competition since last July. "

Youre still missing the entire point. the club should be based around its youngsters and them brought on here, theres sod all rubbish about that opinion, its a valid arguement and not doing it has acheived us absolutely nothing in 20 years.

Where is the evidence that not playing youngsters is/has worked? its just ridiculous to even think weve been successful, the times we have done well in probabaly the last '30' years has been when playing with youngsters.

It isnt just about unready kids as you keep alluding too, some players are good enough at 17, others 23, if they aint ready by 23 then they arent part of the argument., it's also about a 'team', remember when we used to have them? Playing with an ethos and a style and progressing.

Personally I dont see the real point of the whole academy, it may be profitable or it may not be, if we aint utilising it as one of our core strengths of the team, not a back up financial nest egg. Id rather the actual talented people like Brazil focus on where we actually need success

You've shifted the argument sweetie.

You suggested we'd be more successful playing our u23s, which is why you're in a minority of 1 with your opinion. We'd get mullered more often than not!!

I've explained how the u23's work & that some players 'MAY' be suitable our first team, but a larger percentage aren't. We often keep some of our 'better' graduates beyond age 20-21 to see if they can help the first team.

However, we also send many 17-21 year olds off out on loan to get them regular game time to help them progress so they can help us.

We bring in promising players from other clubs, like Cash/Brereton etc - who have been released to see if they could help...... it's a numbers game!!

We release significantly more players from the u23s than we keep on - which, 'should' tell you all you need to know..... or not.

The club's success is 10000% linked to the academy and what it produces (whether for us or other teams) and that's something I've championed for more years than I care to remember.

Of course we are using it, if Yates was fit - then around 20-25% squad are from the academy.... that is a success..... or again, probably not, by your standards.

Sadly, there is no point arguing anymore - because it's very clear that you don't understand.

well, sure. Tho many of them are actually in sides higher than us in the league :)

We made almost £30m from Burke, Brereton & Appiah - only, Burke is at a higher level, but is hardly a regular.

Osborn gets some game time at the Blades & another £3m for the academy, he wanted to leave.

Cash (£16m) - credit Lamouchi for playing him as RB & the luck that Jenks & Darikwa both got injured!

Lascelles & Darlow made a tidy profit too (£8m) or thereabouts. Their sales funded Britt & Antonio - who we made big profits on.

Bamford & Morgan were sold to keep us solvent after Doughty's death.

McGoldrick, Robinson, Billy Sharp, Lansbury & Antonio - not from our academy, but we made money on 3 of those.

Jorge Grant (£250k) & Tyler Walker (£800k approx), both sold & both with good sell on clauses.

Sometimes, it's better for a player to move on - but, what Brazil & co are doing, ensures that even when such players are sold - there is a chance of a further windfall should they do well & earn themselves another move!

Even some of the players, we've had from Oly - we've sold with a sell or promotion clause!!

Yes - our recruitment could & should be better, but I'm hoping that the subtle shift in policy, sees Hughton & Brazil managing our business.

Hughton himself said that whatever we do in January is a SHORT term fix to hopefully keep us in the Championship, with a raft of players out of contract in the summer.

There is undoubtedly a big jump from L1 to the Championship; there is also a big jump from U23 level to League 1.

Johnson and Fornah have both proven that they can cope with the physical rigours of L1 football this season; by performing to a consistently high level week in week out, they are putting themselves in the First Team shop window for next season.

Youngsters need more than talent alone to succeed; showing they have the right attitude and application has done them no harm whatsoever.

The better they play between now and the end of season the easier Hughton's job becomes in June when he puts together next seasons squad

We made almost £30m from Burke, Brereton & Appiah - only, Burke is at a higher level, but is hardly a regular.

Osborn gets some game time at the Blades & another £3m for the academy, he wanted to leave.

Cash (£16m) - credit Lamouchi for playing him as RB & the luck that Jenks & Darikwa both got injured!

Lascelles & Darlow made a tidy profit too (£8m) or thereabouts. Their sales funded Britt & Antonio - who we made big profits on.

McGoldrick, Robinson, Billy Sharp, Lansbury & Antonio - not from our academy, but we made money on 3 of those.

Credit CP for calling him as a right back and SL for reading our forum.

Not Sharp - he was a loanee.