Serious question | Vital Football

Serious question

Bloomeram

Alert Team
Guys, we have moved to a brand new website and messageboard here and if anyone of you would like to give their opinion on any matter relating to Derby County and have them published on the front page you are quite welcome to pen a few lines.

As yet I don't have access to the new editing suite but when I do we can get all your thoughts, moans and criticism or even praise :thumbup::downer::censor::rofl::help: will leave an email to send anything to shortly

Well he won't join with any of the names we've got to know so far but you'll be able to tell it's him from his posting style and how he alienates himself from everyone then cries FOUL..........OR ignore LOL!

Well things have gone very well up to now and I intend that they stay that way. :bounce:

Well you'll need to be a bit more aggressive in getting new members.
And 1 more thing.
It's all fine and dandy now, you being the creator and admin etc.
However for this to succeed long term, you'll to be more proactive and visit if not post regularly .
And no more of leaving things to Beaver (Rattea).
Do appoint mods yes, but you mustn't rely entirely on them.
Even if you're busy with work, well yes, maybe for a week, maximum 2, you might really be unavailable to spare any time.
But I think 2 weeks is the maximum.
Ideally if you can post, administer etc at least thrice a week, that'll be good.

Well that should do for now. Do drop me a line, if you have a PM here, or if not via my email.

methinks an alias here lurks!!
You think?
I find all this inter forum rivalry about as boring as our inability to come to terms with Wembley 2014.
Get over it and move on.
My take? Bloomer was treated badly after twenty (?) years of ‘service’.
He and RR being banned was a complete overreaction but it’s done...a new site has sprung up and the treatment of Bloomer and RR is why I support it, plus this place looks good.
Still enjoy exchanges with the likes of AF and Manx etc over on FM but if we Rams fans can’t get on without continual point scoring then what hope is there?

Blessed are the peas makers.:love1:

Because he's Dutch or lives in Holland and they didn't qualify for the WC.

Anyway you may have missed my point, being that this being new, requires sustainable membership. Forget the FM history.
Does Bloomer have to pay to run the forum? Or is it owned by someone else and dependant on a certain level of readership?

Whatever it is, this cannot be a cozy club for say 20 DCFC fans to talk shop and the like. It requires a lot more than that. Early days yes, but the sooner we reach milestones the better. 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 members.

Maybe Bloomer can confirm this.
But seriously guys, we all should strive to bring in new members. Spread the word. Get a friend, a fellow fan whatever.
Don't worry about clowns like DDD and his ilk joining. Get the crowds in first, boost readership - more threads, articles. Later on we can winnow out those that need to.

Of course it doesn't mean we actually have to invite DDD in. But if this grows, there'll always those like him around.

And yes, you can still call me Sir.....

Sorry...yes, but I’d already joined by then and never understood what ‘Amster did wrong anyway.
Someone asked why Bloomer had been banned. I wrote that he had included the url for this site in his post. He then removed the url. Then he was banned. I then said that it was vital that members weren't appraised of alternatives ;) The Head Office Mods don't seem to have a sense of humour......

Anyway you may have missed my point, being that this being new, requires sustainable membership. Forget the FM history.
Does Bloomer have to pay to run the forum? Or is it owned by someone else and dependant on a certain level of readership?

Whatever it is, this cannot be a cozy club for say 20 DCFC fans to talk shop and the like. It requires a lot more than that. Early days yes, but the sooner we reach milestones the better. 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 members.

But seriously guys, we all should strive to bring in new members. Spread the word. Get a friend, a fellow fan whatever.
Don't worry about clowns like DDD and his ilk joining. Get the crowds in first, boost readership - more threads, articles. Later on we can winnow out those that need to.

Of course it doesn't mean we actually have to invite DDD in. But if this grows, there'll always those like him around.

Perhaps I can - but I won't :blah:

Tbh, I don’t care who it’s owned by etc. Fact is...it’s here, an effort has been made and it seems to be worth supporting.
Maybe it can’t survive as a ‘cosy little club’ for twenty or so members - isn’t that what FM’s become anyway? - and I hope it grows too, but again, fact is...to the best of my knowledge...it didn’t even exist a week ago, so in six days it’s grown quite respectably.

Well you'll need to be a bit more aggressive in getting new members.
And 1 more thing.
It's all fine and dandy now, you being the creator and admin etc.
However for this to succeed long term, you'll to be more proactive and visit if not post regularly .
And no more of leaving things to Beaver (Rattea).
Do appoint mods yes, but you mustn't rely entirely on them.
Even if you're busy with work, well yes, maybe for a week, maximum 2, you might really be unavailable to spare any time.
But I think 2 weeks is the maximum.
Ideally if you can post, administer etc at least thrice a week, that'll be good.

Well that should do for now. Do drop me a line, if you have a PM here, or if not via my email.

Thank you for that SIR, I think I can rely on my 15 to 20 years of experience in matters relating to website editing and messageboard administration...............................

Tbh, I don’t care who it’s owned by etc. Fact is...it’s here, an effort has been made and it seems to be worth supporting.
Maybe it can’t survive as a ‘cosy little club’ for twenty or so members - isn’t that what FM’s become anyway? - and I hope it grows too, but again, fact is...to the best of my knowledge...it didn’t even exist a week ago, so in six days it’s grown quite respectably.

With the greatest respect to all you lovely posters who have joined me on this my new adventure in website and messageboard administration but we had a very much larger set of posters in the earlier days of DC Mad.

I do admit I let things slide badly on the message board front and had hoped the moderators and the occasional visit from myself may have been enough, but sadly we all know that things didn't work out that way, thanks to several reasons and people, which I won't go into and we certainly will not repeat on here....:wagging:

Latest Rams News