Burnley v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 27 Jan - 6pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Burnley v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 27 Jan - 6pm

Now lost to Leeds, Southampton, West Ham and Burnley. All games that we needed to take points from if we harbour any hopes of a top 8 finish. All style but unfortunately still lacking alot of substance right now.

Not sure we were top 8 even before this game. We should be focusing on 10th to 13th maybe.

None of us saw that coming at HT and I think the team didn't either.

Wake up call to stop the showboating or wait until you are 3 up I'm never sure until we are 3 up and even that wouldn't have been enough today.
I feel sick after that first half but we have to score those chances, not hit crossbars and goalkeepers

I dunno. It's in the second half the showboating stopped and it became head tennis....perfect Burnley game.

45 attempts against that lot this season and only one point. They win and Nick Pope is man of the match....Says it all really. If you dont take your chances it only needs a bit of luck which they got for the second and you dont get what you might deserve. Poor defending from the corner, total fluke for the second and a bloody good header for the winner. After their third we didnt really react as I thought we would.Absolutely gutted.

Unfortunately losing games we really should win is a theme this year. Every not top four loss we’ve had bar Leeds we should have won.

Considering how much better we were than them, we’d have had to have been fucking magical to win tonight. Somethings gotta get fixed. Set pieces and crosses from our right to name the two obvious ones!! Ffs