Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

well, well, well. we are bossing this, and were before they were down to 10 men. quick, crisp lovely football from Lincoln. we were starting to open them up in the last 10 mins. I wouldnt change formation, we are doing great, but maybe push up more in to the box when we attack. Everyone playing an above par game, a good team effort. I think we will go on to win- 2-0.

It's a shame the red card came out really as we were the better side before it anyway and there was plenty of space to attack which is now going to be denied us.

I was a bit surprised it was a red tbh, but as I also had Sky Sports on their man on the ground thought it was an obvious sending off so I'll go with the neutral view.

Well that was some half. Scully so close after 40 seconds, great header from (not sure who it was) that I thought was a goal all the way and then a great strike from Tayo tipped onto the bar. Not sure it was a red and to be honest. Preferred it if he stayed on as I think we have struggled against 10 this season as a team then sits back behind the ball and we find it hard to break them down. Hopefully Pompey will carry on as they are as we are getting so much space on the flanks now. With Hull getting beat we have everything to play for now. UTI 👊💥

Whilst there may be rebate about the red, two earlier yellows and then a tackle like that in plain view. Gives the ref a decision to make...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought straight RED then remembered it was League One.

Superb first half, totally bossing it and just need to be patient as the chances will come to win this.
Yep I was screaming red card when it happened, looked a two footed block tackle, seeing the replay maybe not, the ref doesn’t get a replay in this league. Just hope he doesn’t try to even it up

HT. Phew - good game. Not overly impressed with the ref but he’s certainly got the players playing football now instead of dishing out fouls. Should (🤞) work to our advantage but you always need to be aware of set pieces and Marquis is certainly as cute as Hopper at winning FKs in dangerous areas. We can win this - if we can score one I think they might struggle a bit and we could go on to get another - but then what do I know 🙄. Edun really unlucky not to score - hope that’s not a sign of a GK having a brilliant game.

Far more energy with 11 let alone 10, getting around the picture really well.

Need to keep cool heads and don’t give the ref a chance to even it up.

Love it when you read supporters saying how crap any ref is, then you read the opinions of a single incident on a thread and see that people will have very different views of incidents. Who would be a ref???