NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 420 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I've just posted this for Jason Taylor (SLO) over on his Cockney Latic "designated area".

Hi Jason,
Quite a bit of discussion over on Vital about the (maybe understandable) lack of any comms from the Supporters Club. (It’s on the thread titled “New thread for all things takeover”).

Also, one poster in particular (Wlatic) says he has been trying in vain to get in touch with the SC. Any chance you can
a) put out (or get the SC to put out) an update on where they believe they are in relation to potential bidders (without naming names of course). I appreciate this may very likely duplicate to an extent what the Admins say, but it might offer a little more confidence,
and
b) put Wlatic in touch with the right people

Ta

As usual, more heartfelt stuff. I thought I'd chuck my hat in the ring by expanding a little on one of my posts off here. I'm not sure if Tony Frampton reads Wigan Today or not (though I'm fairly sure Alistair Sean Jeffries won't), but there's no harm trying.

Jim Bowen used to close with "You can't beat a bit o' bully" ............................. (and as it's friday, we can expect a little more "bully" from the Admins later on ;))

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...scate-even-more-and-ruin-many-weekend-3109371

Think social media plays a big part as well. Are we the first “big club” in this country to go into administration during the modern era where social media is king and word/opinion spreads a lot faster? Imagine if Twitter was around when the likes of Leeds, Leicester or Portsmouth were in admin. Administrators would have been lynched by their fans. Bolton are a different story as they had a buyer ready and waiting from day one of the admin process, we didn’t and still don’t.

Think social media plays a big part as well. Are we the first “big club” in this country to go into administration during the modern era where social media is king and word/opinion spreads a lot faster? Imagine if Twitter was around when the likes of Leeds, Leicester or Portsmouth were in admin. Administrators would have been lynched by their fans. Bolton are a different story as they had a buyer ready and waiting from day one of the admin process, we didn’t and still don’t.

You could have left the Bolton bit off. They aren’t a big club 😉

As a "communications update", this is awful. At least, it is from the point of updating us on the bidding status. It actually tells us less than the previous piece, as that one referred separately to "acceptable offers" and "proof of funds".

Why is there no mention of whether any of last weeks bidders who'd made an acceptable offer has now provided POF -presumably, Frampton was one of these, but what about the other.

Also, have either of the two who'd provided POF made an offer yet? ...... acceptable or otherwise?

Begbies, your updates are shite. They're meant to be informative, but they clearly aren't.

I sincerely hope you aren't paying anyone to do this on your behalf.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/january/Statement-from-the-Joint-Administrators-22-01-21-/

As a "communications update", this is awful. At least, it is from the point of updating us on the bidding status. It actually tells us less than the previous piece, as that one referred separately to "acceptable offers" and "proof of funds".

Why is there no mention of whether any of last weeks bidders who'd made an acceptable offer has now provided POF -presumably, Frampton was one of these, but what about the other.

Also, have either of the two who'd provided POF made an offer yet? ...... acceptable or otherwise?

Begbies, your updates are shite. They're meant to be informative, but they clearly aren't.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/january/Statement-from-the-Joint-Administrators-22-01-21-/

They are treating us as Mushrooms,
''feed us a bunch of shit and keep us in the dark''.

This is a Krasner special. Using the term ‘Fake News’ does he not realise what will happen to this board if we introduce Trump again into the takeover thread 🥱
On a serious note though Mooney you are right, he has used his update to have his right of reply. Gerard, we’re not interested. Before we went into admin that training ground and chippy were part of OUR club’s assets and you have basically taken them as payment for what is a shit job. Imagine having the audacity to claim a bonus when this is over. Scandalous. They’ve rejected bids for three young starlets no hint on whether they will keep rejecting any further offers. We’re being played for fools and treated with contempt. Sick of it. If we weren’t in ruddy lockdown I’d drive up to the DW and give Gerard and his working class sidekick who hasn’t had a holiday a good piece of my mind!

Last edited:
Fake News!

This imbecile has gone all Trump on us. That ‘update’ was as I feared, just another attempt at damage limitation in regards their performance and conduct. Utterly pathetic quite frankly and devoid of any actual, tangible information.

He referenced Frampton pulling out and said they treat all bidders equally. Which explains why we are still in administration and all interested parties appear to back out when they deal with them. These administrators are part of the problem, not the solution.

As Swindon alludes to, he keeps referencing the fact property sales are paying his bills and so the club isn’t paying. Clearly this tool doesn’t realise this property was the clubs and Euxton in particular a source of pride. It wasn’t a piece of property no one gave a shit about. Not surprising however he was quick to offload these properties so his invoice was guaranteed. He is so out of touch it is unbelievable. Like Trump it seems to me he has no self awareness and an over inflated ego. He needs to take heed of public opinion by stop acting like an arsehole, start acting professionally and treat would be purchasers with respect. It would get this deal completed far quicker and for the benefit of everyone concerned they could then fuck off.

Having read it again it is just pure obfuscation. Moonay you’re right (reminds me I need to get my watch fixed) it doesn’t elaborate on last weeks information in regards those with acceptable bids and no pof and those with pof but no acceptable bids. In fact it doesn’t mention any acceptable bids - deliberate I suspect because there are none but masked by the pof info to hoodwink the ‘uneducated’. Surely if those two criteria were met the efl would be working away to rubber stamp O&D test?

At £7 million (wasn’t it 10 million required a few weeks back) to get a L1 club id say is a bargain when you consider that with some good management there are young players who could recoup that amount easily in the next few years. I’m wondering if these parties are keeping their powder dry until after the window shuts to ensure these shysters don’t flog them on the cheap beforehand.

Having read it again it is just pure obfuscation. Moonay you’re right (reminds me I need to get my watch fixed) it doesn’t elaborate on last weeks information in regards those with acceptable bids and no pof and those with pof but no acceptable bids. In fact it doesn’t mention any acceptable bids - deliberate I suspect because there are none but masked by the pof info to hoodwink the ‘uneducated’. Surely if those two criteria were met the efl would be working away to rubber stamp O&D test?

At £7 million (wasn’t it 10 million required a few weeks back) to get a L1 club id say is a bargain when you consider that with some good management there are young players who could recoup that amount easily in the next few years. I’m wondering if these parties are keeping their powder dry until after the window shuts to ensure these shysters don’t flog them on the cheap beforehand.
The problem with your last point is that these characters are not to be trusted

Imagine what would have happened if fans had been at DW during this absolute f@ck up of administration....Begbies would have had a bucket 🪣 load more of shit than they're currently getting at the minute.....atmosphere / crowd noise would have been toxic.

Next week Moonay they are going to do the updates in picture format as we are 'uneducated' ffs 😉

None the wiser tbh after reading this - the chosen few are clearly not for sharing anything meaningful with us - the uneducated unwashed.
If we were not locked down would the SC be encouraging / supporting direct action ? 🤔

I vote for you to go on the SC Hampton. Don't worry, we'll help pay your fine, when you get sued for breaking the NDA.

(Hope he doesn't spot the fake news here !)

I vote for you to go on the SC Hampton. Don't worry, we'll help pay your fine, when you get sued for breaking the NDA.

(Hope he doesn't spot the fake news here !)
Would you get off the fence long enough to vote at all 😉.
If the club goes bust think you may take a very different view on breaking NDAs my friend.
We need another info stream per the whistleblower back in July to have the bollocks to come clean.
Did said whistleblower end up in court 🤔
If the SC do have info as our reps they should share - I expect spin and lack of info from the admins but not from our own

None the wiser tbh after reading this - the chosen few are clearly not for sharing anything meaningful with us - the uneducated unwashed.
If we were not locked down would the SC be encouraging / supporting direct action ? 🤔
I really don't know what people want the SC to say!Legally they have got no choice but to say exactly what they are saying!If they break the NDA then i'm afraid we would all be in an even pooror position than we are now!The fans would have absolutley no involvement in the process!

Would you get off the fence long enough to vote at all 😉.
If the club goes bust think you may take a very different view on breaking NDAs my friend.
We need another info stream per the whistleblower back in July to have the bollocks to come clean.
Did said whistleblower end up in court 🤔
If the SC do have info as our reps they should share - I expect spin and lack of info from the admins but not from our own
You are so full of yourself on others breaking NDA's would you personally indemnify any person that broke it and was held to account for doing so.

Put the deeds of your house up to give any whistleblower a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.