NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 384 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need to be a bit more realistic with ourselves about just how loooooong these things take. We can whip ourselves into a froth with 200 replies and tweets in a couple of hours, but back at the DW two blokes are probably just sat on their arses all day waiting for the fax machine to beep while some dude in Spain counts the coppers in his giant Bells bottle.

How long can it take to check the funds? I had hoped we’d hear something this week but the longer it drags, the less hope I have on that count...
Would you rather they cut corners to do it quicker or be thorough and avoid future problems?It takes as long as it needs to and quite rightly so

Admins statement last week said no further update till Friday. I know people on here don't believe a word that comes out but it will probably take that long to do any form of due diligence on any bid received. Sit back and wait.

Bloody hell...I can see the headlines now in the WEP ( that's presuming I ever bought it )..." MOONAY TURNS DOWN A NIGHT SHIFT SHOCKER"... he's gooin mard in his owd age.
He's on Horlickl's like me, sometimes it doesn't work,
other times your knocking the ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz's out!

Would you rather they cut corners to do it quicker or be thorough and avoid future problems?It takes as long as it needs to and quite rightly so

I never said that. I’m just basing it off the report on here from a few days ago that a bid had been accepted - which you’d hope would mean that it’s at a pretty advanced stage, and that the rest can’t be too far away in terms of proof of funds and whatever else is needed of the bidders.

I’m especially time-conscious given Frampton’s previous confidence about how quickly the process would be if he and his group were at the reins, which they are now it seems.

Could take weeks yet. Big worry these idiots start selling again.

A big indication for me of any intention to sell will be whether Kyle Joseph is in the match day squad for Rochdale.
If he's in the squad then I draw no conclusion, but if he's not in the squad then I'll assume he'll definitely be on his way somewhere else.

Surely that is one of the conditions the prospective owner will insist on - no players to be sold before any sale goes through

but if the player sales are the only way to cover running costs how could anyone agree to that - unless these prospective owners are prepared to cover these running costs with a non refundable donation to the club.

but if the player sales are the only way to cover running costs how could anyone agree to that - unless these prospective owners are prepared to cover these running costs with a non refundable donation to the club.

That they can't do because the admins want the bidders to go through EFL first. We should hear an update on Friday anyway and see what the situation is. With Frampton being in Lancs may very well accelerate the talks. And hopefully the EFL are working more than 1 day a week too.

Local MP Lisa Nandy firmly believes there is ‘every reason to believe’
there will be a happy ending to the Wigan Athletic takeover saga.

Will the Aye's or No's have it?: Enter the Lobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.