US Presidential election | Page 21 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

At least you have spotted the deliberate wording.

Mostly it has been "no evidence of widespread fraud".
Then we had "no evidence of systemic irregularities".

Those weasel words are there for a reason.

Irregularities don't have to be either "widespread" or "systemic".
They just have to occur in key marginal areas.

Personally I doubt if the errors are significant to change the result....
...but unless investigated , we will never know.

In 2000 and the Florida "chads" we got an inkling of the rough and ready approach to voting and counting in many parts of the US.

It became apparent that "an acceptable margin for error" had been tolerated for years - mainly around voting by machine and/or machine counting.

More recently, the drive to make voting "easy" has led to an explosion in postal voting....
....which has compounded the potential for "interference".
.....until someone comes up with the bright idea of voting by hackable internet.

Which is why proper investigations should be welcomed - if only to restore confidence in democracy.

Until then , old-fashioned voting - on paper - at a Polling Station seems the least risky.
"Least risky"? Depends on whether or not there's a global pandemic or a bunch of lunatics standing outside said polling station armed as if they are going to war

Of course not. He is plenty of things though!
Like someone who encourages fascist and gun fanatics to vote for him.I would like to make a comparison with Farage here. Our Nigel at least had the decency to walk away from the fascism in UKIP.
Meanwhile Trump fails to condemn people like the KKK and their leaders and openly defends them.America is a beautiful place but it is clearly widely inhabited by morons who enjoy a bit of racism fortunately it turns out they are not the majority.

Like someone who encourages fascist and gun fanatics to vote for him.I would like to make a comparison with Farage here. Our Nigel at least had the decency to walk away from the fascism in UKIP.
Meanwhile Trump fails to condemn people like the KKK and their leaders and openly defends them.America is a beautiful place but it is clearly widely inhabited by morons who enjoy a bit of racism fortunately it turns out they are not the majority.

Biden and the Democrats were endorsed by self confessed neo-Nazi, antisemitic conspiracy theorist and white supremacist Richard Spencer who is influential over the far right groups (the actual far right and not the "anyone right of communism" far right). By your argument Biden is a bigger fascist than Trump.

Trump has condemned the far right and extremists many times but the media tends to not to mention it as Trump then goes on to condemn all forms of extremism which is wrong as he should only be condemning the right wing extremists only.

Biden and the Democrats were endorsed by self confessed neo-Nazi, antisemitic conspiracy theorist and white supremacist Richard Spencer who is influential over the far right groups (the actual far right and not the "anyone right of communism" far right). By your argument Biden is a bigger fascist than Trump.

Trump has condemned the far right and extremists many times but the media tends to not to mention it as Trump then goes on to condemn all forms of extremism which is wrong as he should only be condemning the right wing extremists only.
Perhaps Biden is worse than Trump only time will tell .But whatever the fact is that Americans came up with these two as the best possible people to lead their country.To a large extent they appear to have more chance to pick their leader .A tiny minority pick ours so you can understand how we can end up with a idiot like Boris Johnson.

Get over there fast. He needs you urgently.

Trump has certainly made politics a tad more interesting in recent years. As someone who has little time for the media, Trump has given me a few chuckle moments with his disparaging treatment of broadcasters.

I don`t suppose for one minute that Trump will fail to leave his post at the appropriate time. He seems to be quite a vindictive character and the thought of making transition a bumpy ride for the Democrats probably appeals greatly to him. I don`t think he cares beyond his own vindictive thought process and he`ll likely be "awkward" to the end,as a kind of "pay-back" for what he perceives as a the bumpy ride into power he endured. Trump has been his own worse enemy from day one of his Presidency.

Perhaps Biden is worse than Trump only time will tell .But whatever the fact is that Americans came up with these two as the best possible people to lead their country.To a large extent they appear to have more chance to pick their leader .A tiny minority pick ours so you can understand how we can end up with a idiot like Boris Johnson.
You are the last person that should be calling people idiots and morons

Well, fck me, so much to say! Where to begin?

Fell asleep early last night and only heard the news when I woke up a couple of hours ago. Been reading, listening and watching last night's events since then.

Some thoughts straight off the top of my head:

- 4 people dead, ffs.

- I thought it was Antifa who were the dangerous mob, lol!

- Trump is an utter cuuntt. Hang on, we knew that anyway!

- Trump's provacation and lies are responsible for this, he pretty much called for this to happen. Then when it's happening he does manage to ask them to peacefully leave but fails to condemn them and instead repeats his incendiary lies about a stolen election and tells them they're special people and he loves them!

- Trump is finished politically but this aint over yet, not by a long way. Will US democracy survive or could this escalate into full blown civil war?

- What the fck was going on with the Capitol Hill police? WTF?!

Compare that with this picture during the BLM protests:7

- Cops taking selfies with the insurgents!!

These are some of the loons, need I say more??!!
usa.jpg

Sorry, gonna have to let this all sink in a little. All quite mental.

Last edited:
Certainly crazy.

Its a little suprising that the there wasnt more bloodshed, had the police/security used more lethal force to stop them entering then who knows how that would have escalated.

Time to remove trump from any powers he has.

Is the inauguration behind closed doors ? Surely that's a potential powder keg.

As you say if you want any evidence of the white privilege issue in America then just consider how trump would have responded if that had happened during the BLM protests.

Bonkers bonkers bonkers ..... scenes you wouldnt expect from USA ... the home of democracy (according to the USA).

Questions certainly need answering re the approach taken by the police ......looks very odd .....

There is lots going on in the US concerning voter fraud and legalities. UK tv news has decided not to report this. Suppression of news by Sky etc , means that we are not hearing about what is going on around the world.

Well thank fck we've got you and the Proud Boys to keep it all real!

Far out, maaaaaaaaaaann!!!!

So, Trump also now has the blood of 4 people on his hands. Some legacy! Whipping up your last remaining hard core support like some radicalised private army to go and kill off democracy for your own selfish ends.
A good lesson for the world of Populism and where it can take you.

Lots of talk about anarchy and headines such as, "Anarchy in the USA".

Usual misapproproation and wilful abuse of the term. Not surprising, I do understand that most people unsderstand the word, 'anarchy', to mean, 'without rules' but this is because the word is misused so often. Anarchy actualy means, 'without rulers'. There is a difference.

These insurgents were not anarchists, they were a hotpotch of white supremacists, alt-right neo-liberals, old skool fascists, fundamentalist Christians, and conspiracy theorists. None of them were fcking anarchists, ffs!

Anarchists will tell you there are no rulers or bosses for the free. Yet the insurgents totally see Trump as their ruler or boss. I just heard on radio 4; last night, when Trump released the video offering them support but asking them (reluctantly) to leave peacefully, one of the insurgents played it aloud over a megaphone. When it was finished the insurgent then used the megaphone to say, "Our chief commander is telling us to leave peacefully, we must leave peacefully, we follow orders."* And then they did exactly what Trump told them.*Those are not the words or actions of anarchists, lol!

Last night was lawless and it was chaotic. But there were no anarchists and no anarchism. Only those who fear or oppose true anarchy would describe it as such.

* Or words to that effect, I might not have quited that exactly, though, "we follow orders", was definitely said.

** Thank fck he didn't tell them to carry on or there would have been far more killing.

Last edited:
Bonkers bonkers bonkers ..... scenes you wouldnt expect from USA ... the home of democracy (according to the USA).

Questions certainly need answering re the approach taken by the police ......looks very odd .....
It did look odd, but on reflection, I believe there could easily have been a lot more death and injury if the police/ army had stood firm rather than let the mob through. Killing your fellow citizen is a last resort for the security forces, even when that citizen is brainwashed and brandishing a gun.
When you have countries like Turkey calling for calm in the U.S., you know that the majority of Americans will feel nothing but shame and embarrassment today.