Jan Transfer Window | Page 11 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Depends though chap ...if we are just looking to get Grosicki in his place,as a cheaper loan option, then we may as well keep Knockeart.Grosicki has hardly played this season and would need a few games to get going whilst Knockeart has now started to get use to the squad and has some games in his legs.

Absolutely. He would take til February to get fit. We need to steer well clear.

I can see us getting a loan in from EPL late in the window

His 20 goals last season were shit

His 20 goals last season were sound. The thing is though, there comes a time in a striker's career where the goals start drying up. He's another year older, another injury along the line, looks disinterested and no signs of recapturing that kind of strike rate.

He's fucking garbage and not getting any younger. In my opinion we'd be better off spending whatever money we could get for him on an upcoming lower league striker.

Of course he is not getting any younger; if we are looking for players who can defy the laws of physics we might have to cast our net wider than the lower leagues, we might have to consider players currently operating in different Galaxies.

I think you are being very harsh describing Grabban as rubbish; very harsh indeed.

It is certainly no coincidence that our fortunes have turned round since he has come back into the side.

Taylor is a very poor substitute for Grabban

Of course he is not getting any younger; if we are looking for players who can defy the laws of physics we might have to cast our net wider than the lower leagues, we might have to consider players currently operating in different Galaxies.

I think you are being very harsh describing Grabban as rubbish; very harsh indeed.

It is certainly no coincidence that our fortunes have turned round since he has come back into the side.

Taylor is a very poor substitute for Grabban

WOW (spreadsheet) you've taken a very common figure of speech quite literally; well done! At 23 things can turn around at 32, the chances of that diminish. It's quite likely that Grabban is now on a downward slope. Football is, of course, a matter of opinions; I'm of the opinion that Grabban doesn't offer that much and it'd be wise to cash in on him while we still can.

WOW (spreadsheet) you've taken a very common figure of speech quite literally; well done! At 23 things can turn around at 32, the chances of that diminish. It's quite likely that Grabban is now on a downward slope. Football is, of course, a matter of opinions; I'm of the opinion that Grabban doesn't offer that much and it'd be wise to cash in on him while we still can.

I think the chances of getting a suitable replacement are pretty remote; the cost alone would be prohibitive and then there is the small matter of persuading a decent player to come here.

We have a couple of decent prospects coming through the ranks; I would be inclined to keep hold of Grabban until one of them is ready.

Why we didn't buy Roberts from Leeds or Lowe from Wigan is beyond me instead of most of the junk we've signed.

Was Roberts for sale at that time?

I would guess that we had little interest in Lowe as he does not play as a lone striker; Swansea, his new Club, are one of the few Clubs who play with two forwards.

I think the chances of getting a suitable replacement are pretty remote; the cost alone would be prohibitive and then there is the small matter of persuading a decent player to come here.

We have a couple of decent prospects coming through the ranks; I would be inclined to keep hold of Grabban until one of them is ready.

There's fucking thousands of strikers who don't score for a lot less than Grabban's on!!! :grinning:

There's fucking thousands of strikers who don't score for a lot less than Grabban's on!!! :grinning:

Grabban contributes a lot more than just scoring goals.

Go over the the You tube site and listen to what Worrall has to say about our inability to hold the ball up in the last 10/15 minutes of the game.

Taylor couldnt make the ball stick if it was covered in fucking velcro

Go over the the You tube site and listen to what Worrall has to say about our inability to hold the ball up in the last 10/15 minutes of the game.

In reality, Grabban, as of this season, contributes in a way instead of scoring goals.

At the end of the day you'd expect your striker to be scoring more than others in the team; that's basically his job. This season, Grabban misses so many more than he scores (when he isn't injured). He may turn that form around but when age creeps up and confidence drops, the chances become less likely (in my opinion of course)

In reality, Grabban, as of this season, contributes in a way instead of scoring goals.

At the end of the day you'd expect your striker to be scoring more than others in the team; that's basically his job. This season, Grabban misses so many more than he scores (when he isn't injured). He may turn that form around but when age creeps up and confidence drops, the chances become less likely (in my opinion of course)

Age will tell on him eventually, and last seasons exertions took their toll on him, but he has a couple more seasons in him at Championship level, at the very least.

It would be good to have him around to mentor the ones coming through, bringing them into the side gradually has he is phased out.

Was Roberts for sale at that time?

I would guess that we had little interest in Lowe as he does not play as a lone striker; Swansea, his new Club, are one of the few Clubs who play with two forwards.

Apparently was, and The Sheep agreed a fee but something fell through. He was keen on the move as he wanted first team football.

The reverse of that is that we can have all the creativity in the world and it’s useless if we can’t put the ball in the back of the net.

We need more creative players but we only have Grabban who really knows where the net is and he isn’t getting any younger.
We have Taylor, we just don’t play to his strengths

Yeah grabban is ace at heading on defensive corners!

Taylor is a different player, we just haven’t really played to eithers strengths this season

We have Taylor, we just don’t play to his strengths
Taylor is average at best. He disrupts opposing defenders but doesn’t hold the ball up well enough and isn’t a finisher. We need better if we have any aspiration of getting out of this division the right way.

Taylor is average at best. He disrupts opposing defenders but doesn’t hold the ball up well enough and isn’t a finisher. We need better if we have any aspiration of getting out of this division the right way.
How is it that Taylor scored so many goals over the last two seasons then? He scored in 11 in 22 for a Charlton side struggling in the Championship last season. That, in addition to disrupting, would suggest he is quite effective.