Good Morning Thread | Page 199 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all ,
A clear and frosty morning.
I think it will be a good day to go for a walk today .
It will do us both good , to get us out of the house even for half an hour .
I’m sure the rules say we can’t drive to the seafront, it’s only five minutes in the car , but too far for my wife to walk at the moment . There are plenty of places to walk around here at the moment .
The council have converted a Second World War airfield into a public area , with walkways , parks and playing areas for the kids , it looks good ,
There are lots of new trees and bushes but they are not established yet .
This is the same place that the Spitfires use for the private flights , the runways are still there and it is well used by light aircraft .
The runways are set out in a triangular pattern , so that they can always take off and land into the wind , what with it being right on the coastline .,
The seafront there is fantastic in the summer , in normal times , last year wasn’t that good , it was either deserted or overcrowded, miles and miles of sea front promenades , then it goes into wildlife havens at both ends , with lots of abandoned military establishments along the way .
Some have been converted into amazing apartments with just the best views ever , very exclusive .
Well out of our price range .

There used to be a railway there but it’s long since gone .

Got to go .
time to look longingly out of the window to see if the postman is bringing my new Virgin Box ............
stay safe , keep alert , things will get worse before they get better , but better isn’t far away .
Look after each other , ..... I’m still on hold Harry , be patient ! At least the music doesn’t let you down :walkman: .
How Branson ever gets up into space I don’t know , he must have friends on the inside .

Does anyone else think I should dock Nick ten points for being a smart arse . :geek:
Me and Ex do. ....I need one more to form a quorum .... let me know . :tophat:

Good morning all ,
I’m sure the rules say we can’t drive to the seafront, it’s only five minutes in the car , but too far for my wife to walk at the moment . There are plenty of places to walk around here at the moment .
The council have converted a Second World War airfield into a public area , with walkways , parks and playing areas for the kids , it looks good ,
This is the same place that the Spitfires use for the private flights , the runways are still there and it is well used by light aircraft .
The runways are set out in a triangular pattern , so that they can always take off and land into the wind , what with it being right on the coastline .,
The seafront there is fantastic in the summer , in normal times , last year wasn’t that good , it was either deserted or overcrowded, miles and miles of sea front promenades , then it goes into wildlife havens at both ends , with lots of abandoned military establishments along the way .
Some have been converted into amazing apartments with just the best views ever , very exclusive .

Got to go .
time to look longingly out of the window to see if the postman is bringing my new Virgin Box ............
stay safe , keep alert , things will get worse before they get better , but better isn’t far away .
Look after each other , ..... I’m still on hold Harry , be patient ! At least the music doesn’t let you down :walkman: .
How Branson ever gets up into space I don’t know , he must have friends on the inside .

Does anyone else think I should dock Nick ten points for being a smart arse . :geek:
I don’t think Nick should be punished for being innovative and ahead the rest of us BUT...his big mistake was attempting to have two current predictions....I would propose a red card 1 match ban for attempting to gain an unfair advantage.

I don’t think Nick should be punished for being innovative and ahead the rest of us BUT...his big mistake was attempting to have two current predictions....I would propose a red card 1 match ban for attempting to gain an unfair advantage.

We should have a new rule whereby every time a Spurs player scores an own goal this season, Nick gets docked 5 points. If our opposition score an own goal, Nick gets 3 points. A nice little "risk and reward" punishment for him.

We should have a new rule whereby every time a Spurs player scores an own goal this season, Nick gets docked 5 points. If our opposition score an own goal, Nick gets 3 points. A nice little "risk and reward" punishment for him.
No, no, no., Mutters....I love own goal predictions and speaking as someone who has to forecast a loss every week just to give us a chance the own goal facility is one of my key weapons.

So , my Virgin tv .
I had the technicians number , so when I hadn’t heard anything by 10-30 , I phoned him . He said to call him as it would be quicker than going through Customer Services , nice touch , I thought .
No answer ......... left a voicemail
Left it for another hour , phoned him again .
No answer , left another voicemail,
Half an hour later I got a text message to say he was on holiday now until until the 4th Jan.
and it would be best for me to contact Customer services ! !!!!!
Unbelievable .
I left it for half an hour to calm down , phoned them and went through all the rigmarole of the press one , press two etc .

Got put on hold ( Alongside Harry) for twenty minutes , then got into the mother of all conversations about having to wait for a week for a technician to call , .... have it cancelled by Virgin an hour before he was due ,.... having the bloke out to tell me it wasn’t the box , but two loose connections on two other connection box’s ,.
Only for the set to crash again ten minutes after he had gone ,.

So then I’m told they are doing a test on my box as we speak . !
The same test they did last week .
Then they tell me I need a new box ,
As they told me last week .

ha ha .:arrghh:..... then they tell me they can’t get a technician out to me until after the 4th of Jan .:censor:

Then the fight started ............ my wife took the phone off me , ....

and they are posting a box out to us in the next three days 😳

They have given us a compensation claim number to use on the Complaint Form they are going to email immediately........ which hasn’t arrived yet !

There isn’t an emoji for “ don’t hold your breath “
Haha you have learned Walt, let the missus have a "chat" with them, always get better results, Mrs PY gives em a hard time with statements like "oh this is how you deal with the disabled and vulnerable then" after a load of spluttering, required answer/result is achieved.

Good morning all ,

Got to go .

Dock him Walt lol!

I'll take the ban on the Fulham game. So far I have been docked for predicting we would lose against the Chavs 0-6 in the League Cup after Jose said he was playing the kids then didnt. Then I got 9 points for no reason at all and now I am on trial for creativity.
I am the victim here and you lot are like a pack of wolves smelling blood on a wounded prey. Shame on you.

The thing is there are so many different variables at play. Breed, age, health, price etc etc etc. Apparently snub nosed breeds are much more expensive to insure especially in the first 2 years due to breathing difficulties. So Boxers, Pugs, Bulldogs & the like tend to be more costly to insure.

I have a pair of working cockers & they're still relatively young & healthy, so i'm at a loss as to why i should be paying such exhorbitant fees. I could understand it if i had claimed or they were unhealthy but that's simply not the case. A rise therefore of 40% in a single year is far too much for me to stomach, hence my refusal to pay it.

I've only got one working cocker