Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread

It's been a long, long time since I've seen so much togetherness and spirit in a villa team. A joy to watch right now. Long may that continue.

The draw v Burnley made me realise something had changed (for me). I was disappointed, as opposed to shrugging in horrible resignation at a draw or loss. To get disappointmeny back meant hope and expectation was returning

(if that makes sense. I have had a terrible accident with a bottle of red wine, it all fell down my neck)

Today. As you say. Was an absolute pleasure.

Aston Villa 3-0 Crystal Palace: Tyrone Mings sent off in home win - BBC Sport

Worth a watch of the highlights and just shows how unlucky and dominate we were.

Martinez bloody solid as a rock, I think he is living rent free in forwards heads with how hesitant they are because of how good he is, Forwards aren't taking the risks they normally would, I love how he is now releasing the ball a lot quicker, first few games he wasn't doing that and it stopped a lot of our counter opportunities.

Hause was absolutely solid, no messing about with the clearances and again dominant in the air and what reactions for the goal, definitely well worth his spot and well done for Dean Smith keeping him in the side when Konsa was back fit.

Konsa again slots in effortlessly when called upon and for me is our best defender, hopefully him and Hause can start to form a good partnership.

Targett was very impressive down the left, showed his defensive capabilities and even made a couple of successful dribbles, Cash did a job well done, still I think he is giving away a few too many fouls and on another day would seen himself in the book again.

El Ghazi knows what he is capable of and that's why he keeps on trying, if he can actually produce it on a consistent basis we've got one hell of a player on our hands, Still 25 and now is the time to press on, you can tell he's definitely got confidence about him, the tricks were coming out and he started to glide past players.

Traore was absolutely everywhere and is now starting to show what he is about, I still had my doubts over the season from what we've seen from him so far, I was hoping he'd kick on from WBA and he certainly did, top goal on his weaker foot and unlucky not to score a second hitting the post, unfortunate to be subbed because of Mings but he'll be well rested for Chelsea.

Both McGinn and Luiz did a good job commanding the middle, defended well and spotted some great runs, absolutely vital to this team and how we play.

Grealish continues to be our engine, continues to be the best player on the pitch and didn't take any serious knocks which I'm relieved about, Definitely going to need him to put in those kind of performances in the next two games and he normally enjoys the bigger games, Unlucky not get himself on the sheet and should of had at least 3 assists if Watkins slotted them away.

Watkins must be the most unlucky striker this season, the fact he's got what 6 goals in 13 games and 2 assists and for me should already be in double figures!! The goals will come, he just needs to keep doing what he is doing.

Absolute great win and we're starting to see the quality in the depth, we thought we had our first 11 pick itself but now we've seen Hause, EL Ghazi and Traore not only take their chances but have, for now, cemented their place in the first team.

The timings this season haven't come at a better time with some of our fringe players stepping up, Trezeguet was able to do a job for us whilst Traore was out of form and still finding his feet, Hause stepped up with Konsa out and now Mings, El Ghazi stepped up with Barkley injured forcing Grealish in the middle.

Exciting time ahead!

It's a collective effort. The staff working towards a common goal. Deano is the one heading his department and is leading it superbly well.

Yep,team effort with everyone playing their part but think it’s safe to say that if we were struggling at the wrong end of the table there would be little reference to Shakespeare’s influence but plenty of criticism of the fella in charge.....anyway back to the match thread....I’m currently watching if for the second time after getting bored by the games tonight.....that second half with 10 men was exceptional! Our fitness levels seem to be so much better as well this year.

Yep,team effort with everyone playing their part but think it’s safe to say that if we were struggling at the wrong end of the table there would be little reference to Shakespeare’s influence but plenty of criticism of the fella in charge.....anyway back to the match thread....I’m currently watching if for the second time after getting bored by the games tonight.....that second half with 10 men was exceptional! Our fitness levels seem to be so much better as well this year.

Yep , the what the hell does Terry do posts have gone quiet aswell. Funny that .

What does baffle me, in a thread like this, after a good day for ALL of us, is the petty point scoring fans v fans.

Ridiculous.

Get a grip.

And on that note, I'm off.

Seriously, so you really think petty point scoring is going on here? It's been pretty civilised IMO. But, any villa fan that's not happy tonight needs a "head wobble" :yes:

Yes. Been a weird post match read.
I went away for a couple of hours to watch a film and coming back I have read that El ghazi is still useless and 2 pages of Tyrone Mings chewing gum and whether it’s acceptable in sport.

The draw v Burnley made me realise something had changed (for me). I was disappointed, as opposed to shrugging in horrible resignation at a draw or loss. To get disappointmeny back meant hope and expectation was returning

(if that makes sense. I have had a terrible accident with a bottle of red wine, it all fell down my neck)

Today. As you say. Was an absolute pleasure.
Of course it makes sense we ain't witnessed this for years

I think you live in America mate they seem to all chew gum like hyperactive cows over there. So I'm guessing it's normal but Gum chewing for me is like spitting. I could punch them in the face
The spitting does my head in, it's manky. Everytime the camera zooms in on a player he hocks out a gob full or even worse is the snot rocket. No wonder some players don't fancy a slide tackle, you know you're just going to skid thru a phlegm-er