WELL DONE BORIS! | Page 3 | Vital Football

WELL DONE BORIS!

In answer to CJJ's question as to what Boris has actually done here's a few obstacles he's had to overcome

defeat the remainer House of Commons
defeat the remainer House of Lords
defeat the remainer MSM
defeat the remainer Supreme Court
defeat the remainer Civil Service
defeat the remainer liberal elite

and made sure democracy , in the form of the majority holding sway, has been seen through.

No one else wanted to carry that banner, to enact the will of the people even though so many stood and spouted about the need for democracy to be upheld.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, the remainers or the brexiteers wishes or you own personal view I am sure that everyone who believes the democratic vote is sacrosant must be thankful that it's sorted .

I voted remain, I too had no 'skin inthe game'being retired but, as we saw the obstruction, the confuscation and the dirty tactics of the EU I wanted us to leave, to get out of an undemocratic coterie of crass career curmudgeons and see democracy win over an unelected oligarchy

When it's all sorted, Covid that is, I can't wait to get to Germany & France to see their smug smiles fading just a little as they realise their share of the tab has increased very substantially.

I think Merkel may have applied some pressure on the EC to concede some ground . I have always found the Germans , in business , to be hard nosed and a little officious but very fair and very honourable . Away from work their fondness for the U.K. is genuine . And to my mind they are the most similar to us in many ways . Also , they know their beer and they know their Engineering , so they will do for me .

The French , well I think the youngsters say L O L .

I think Merkel may have applied some pressure on the EC to concede some ground . I have always found the Germans , in business , to be hard nosed and a little officious but very fair and very honourable . Away from work their fondness for the U.K. is genuine . And to my mind they are the most similar to us in many ways . Also , they know their beer and they know their Engineering , so they will do for me .

The French , well I think the youngsters say L O L .

From what I've seen you're right about Merkel's input, more pragmatic and less emotional (vindictive?) than Msr Macron.
I worked for a German based company SBS and I have to agree with you. My boss was very officious and the rest of my colleagues, mainly German themselves, very deferential and, more often than not, could not quite believe my irreverence and use of humour when responding to him but he was fine with me and just accepted it as the way I was.

I spend quite a time there, when allowed, on holiday and love the place- and the beer and, scenery and people.They do things so well, and once you understand their manner, which, as you say, can come across as very stand offish,( particularly in their speaking manner which is more a reflection of them wanting to get it right)) but reflects their more formal inter personal dealings then it's fine.

I reckon they're prosperous enough to stand their share but the French.....................................zut alors.....................they'll never forgive us!

In answer to CJJ's question as to what Boris has actually done here's a few obstacles he's had to overcome

defeat the remainer MSM

and made sure democracy , in the form of the majority holding sway, has been seen through.

No one else wanted to carry that banner, to enact the will of the people even though so many stood and spouted about the need for democracy to be upheld.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, the remainers or the brexiteers wishes or you own personal view I am sure that everyone who believes the democratic vote is sacrosant must be thankful that it's sorted .

I voted remain, I too had no 'skin inthe game'being retired but, as we saw the obstruction, the confuscation and the dirty tactics of the EU I wanted us to leave, to get out of an undemocratic coterie of crass career curmudgeons and see democracy win over an unelected oligarchy

When it's all sorted, Covid that is, I can't wait to get to Germany & France to see their smug smiles fading just a little as they realise their share of the tab has increased very substantially.
And just think that EU bloke wanted Brexiteers to rot in hell but still Boris got us a good deal.

defeat the remainer MSM

Here’s a few more things he can take credit for. https://timeline-of-failure.com/

The main thing most voted Brexit for was the Mygrant situation. The silence is deafening on this subject probably because in reality Mygrants will continue coming here. Johnson and Opportunist Nigel caught em’ Hook line and sinker. 🎣🎣

I think Labour should abstain and let the Tories take full credit for it. Some Tories MPs not very pleased I’ve heard.
Luckily their vote is irrelevant, abstention, for or against, or not.

Sir Creosote Crack would be better ordering them to abstain as it seems he's got plenty of dissenters to embarrass him either way. . Hopefully he's enjoying a full forensic examination of the dossier- same as he did with Jimmy Saville.

The main thing most voted Brexit for was the Mygrant situation. The silence is deafening on this subject probably because in reality Mygrants will continue coming here. Johnson and Opportunist Nigel caught em’ Hook line and sinker. 🎣🎣
You're falling into the trap that so many have there CJJ,second guessing why people voted and trying to use it to point out how wrong/right it was to vote to leave.

It was a shock to all and sundry but , as democracy rules, and has, at last, been upheld, then we have to accept it.

It is always . The key detail I expect will be the export of services , alas we are a service based economy now . We have a trade surplus of c . £20 million on the export of services , with a trade deficit of c . £100 million for goods . If we ‘ve lost the ability to export services in an unencumbered fashion , I ‘d suggest that would be a profound jolt to an important sector .

I reckon within a few months the number of start ups straddling all elements of business types will more than exceed negatives and within a year this country will be absolutely flying.
I think Labour should abstain and let the Tories take full credit for it. Some Tories MPs not very pleased I’ve heard.
Have you got the slightest idea how boring and irrelevant everything you post not football related is?

So did Gaitskell, Shore, Castle, Foot and Benn hold the views they did because of migrants or because they objected to a sovereignty stealing federal Europe ? Even your beloved King Arthur is a Brexiteer.

If Labour were a party that cared about working class people they'd have championed ending the influx of cheap exploited East European labour, they'd have championed the state aid rules being changed if they believed in deprivatisation.

Apart from hating the UK and the Tories what exactly do Labour stand for ? What's the point of them ?

I reckon within a few months the number of start ups straddling all elements of business types will more than exceed negatives and within a year this country will be absolutely flying.

Have you got the slightest idea how boring and irrelevant everything you post not football related is?
Don’t read it then🤭

Trade is like the internet it is world wide not just in the EU. The shackles are off. Italy next you heard it here first

Sky News Flash!!!!Brexit Deal done on the 21st. Publicity stunt by Johnson to announce it Christmas Eve. Who would have thought it!! Him being Subtle !

Sky News Flash!!!!Brexit Deal done on the 21st. Publicity stunt by Johnson to announce it Christmas Eve. Who would have thought it!! Him being Subtle !
And the EU kept it quiet because??????????

Not one leak from the 1000's of journalists, lobbyists and MPs/MEPs?

Who would have thought it? Someone's been conned more likely.

Surely you can’t be that naive are you really that desperate to pin somat on him
like TT says do you honestly believe the rest of Europe would keep the news they’ve been desperate for quiet for a publicity stunt

unbelievable :wagging:

I really think this is brilliant news for you and all our inshore fishermen. Anything that kicks the Common Fisheries Policy to the kerb, gives us full rights over our own waters, and fucks the French and Dutch off to the continental shelf, and into Irish and Spanish waters has got to be an improvement. I hope so, there's small coastal communities up and down our coast that were reduced to slums thanks to Heath and his rollover in 73, little did we know. With Freeport areas coming soon around the country it looks like a recovery of our coastal and larger port communities would be on the cards. I hope you benefit greatly from it. Its a tough living, and doesn't need to be made any harder.
Just read an article by one of the south west's fishing reps. It looks like I may have to wait another 5 years before we get back control inside the 12 mile limit. “Really annoyingly embodied in the deal is a reference to penalties and compensation which must be paid to foreign fishermen if we decide to deny them access to our 12-mile limit in five years’ time. It is disgraceful that he [Johnson] has allowed himself to be dictated to by Brussels.”
I'll probably have retired by then:fish:

Comcast owned Sky News. If they told me the sky was blue I'd make sure to look up just to make sure. What on earth would be the benefit of waiting three days to announce it, from either side ?

The Tory government delivered on their promise and 'got Brexit done'. Avoiding the 'cliff edge' and the 'hard Irish border' the EU lovers had been crying and lying about for four and a half bloody years.

Don’t kid yourself. Boris is paying nothing. Myself and millions more tax payers will be paying it. This £350 million is supposed to be from the money we wont be paying the EU. Proof will be in the pudding!!!
So you are saying I'm too thick to know how tax is used to fund the NHS?
The bus was only a distraction mate. The real kicker was the Cameron leaflet to every house to tell us to vote to stay or we would be out of the SM and CU and the result would be on our heads.....well we voted to leave, if you remember. Then Labour stopped it for such a long time.

Thanks Boris.