Christmas F##### then | Page 2 | Vital Football

Christmas F##### then

But on this occasion, he has acted on scientific advice which SAGE only gave in the last 24 hours and still haven't actually confirmed validity of.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/huge-scientific-effort-underway-new-covid-variant-surge-in-cases-england-801128/amp#aoh=16084009152786&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

I thought that was what the country wanted? It would normally take much longer than that to put so much in place.

But Nobs, surely “prepare for the worst, hope for the best” would be a better strategy. If the rules had been ‘no getting together at Christmas” from the outset then if we had got to 19th December and rates were low, and deaths were falling, then announce a 1 day amnesty. By doing the complete opposite he looks daft, again. And is unpopular, again. Ironically the one thing he craves, and THE reason he wanted to relax over Christmas.

Interestingly, after hearing the only way to beat the virus was "test test test", I saw a scientist on tv today saying testing is no good, the only way to beat the virus is a lockdown. Honestly, I think I'll give up, so much conflicting advice 🙄
I do get the logic in mass-testing, in that if you test so many people so frequently then you’ll take them off the streets or schools if they test positive when otherwise they may have been non-symptomatic.

With a Christmas period in lockdown while the kids are off, and allowing for a two week lag, I expect all infection, hospitalisation and death rates to take a dip in about the second week of January, then climb again a couple of weeks after the kids go back.

Don't expect the penny to drop though.

Apparently, mental health is only important until you reach your twenties, so the rest of us wanting any freedom will have to wait until tens of millions of vaccinations have taken place and have a mass effect.

58, I can say nothing that you will except, you are so far left nothing Boris does would ever be right for you.
He was right to bring in the latest restrictions. My criticism is his timing (again), particularly given that he castigated Starmer for suggesting the same just 3 days ago.

The loony right in his party will not want this lockdown.

He was right to bring in the latest restrictions. My criticism is his timing (again), particularly given that he castigated Starmer for suggesting the same just 3 days ago.

The loony right in his party will not want this lockdown.

Maybe Boris should have listened to Starmer and had that two week firebreaker lockdown like they did on Wales. We could then have 1100 or 1200 cases per 100,000 as they do there rather than 700 or 800 as we do in Kent and London!

I don't doubt our government hasn't dealt with the Covid crisis well and am not one of those burying my head in the sand. Equally, I'm not one of those using it as a stick to beat the government as I have an long-running agenda against them. Most of Europe is all over the place at the moment due to Covid and locking down over Christmas - even the messiah of remainers, Merkel, seems to have got this one wrong and is coming under pressure; Macron is even less popular than Boris in his own country; Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland and most of the rest of Eastern Europe have hugely increasing rates. So, what this boils down to is that this is a worldwide epedemic.

I also think that it is hugely important that the whole world does not forget where this pandemic started and who caused it and when this is all done, the whole world should be on China's doorstep with an bill for the havoc they have unleashed.

The lockdown should have come earlier and it should have come a lot harder. Sadly, a lot of people are just too stupid and/or selfish to do the right thing to stop its spread so asking then to do the right thing just doesn't work. They need the law laid down to them and for it to be enforced

We are going into tier 4 at midnight here in Buckingham because we apparently full into the South East! My mother in law has just driven from Lincoln and put the kids christmas presents on the door step and turned round and now driving back!