When does Chris leave? | Page 4 | Vital Football

When does Chris leave?

Wider would have to look at himself a long, long time before he starts looking at McBurnie.

1. He has signed NOBODY to compete with him *
2. He has signed NOBODY to help create for him

* As an aerial target of a CF. McBurnie's not even a good one, yet the load is all on him. Apparently he's both won AND lost the most aerial duels in the PL by a long way. What does that tell you about our style? Hooooof. Yet Wilder was happy with our 'target man' to be a gangly type who can't control the ball. Top management.

Wider would have to look at himself a long, long time before he starts looking at McBurnie.

1. He has signed NOBODY to compete with him *
2. He has signed NOBODY to help create for him

* As an aerial target of a CF. McBurnie's not even a good one, yet the load is all on him. Apparently he's both won AND lost the most aerial duels in the PL by a long way. What does that tell you about our style? Hooooof. Yet Wilder was happy with our 'target man' to be a gangly type who can't control the ball. Top management.

Exactly - McBurnie's main role at the moment is to compete with 2/3 defenders to win knock ons-from hoofs. I can count on the back of my hand the number of decent crosses he's had.

Yes, he's not the greatest - but our "Bassett" style football doesn't exactly help.

Exactly - McBurnie's main role at the moment is to compete with 2/3 defenders to win knock ons-from hoofs. I can count on the back of my hand the number of decent crosses he's had.

Yes, he's not the greatest - but our "Bassett" style football doesn't exactly help.

He's a dinosaur in footballing terms, no matter how much he is fed, no matter how much he tries, no matter how much he works he's an extinct species in the upper echelons of PL football. The sooner CW realises that, or admits it to himself, the sooner we can move on

Are we playing that way because, when you've made a mistake when employing someone who doesn't fit in with the rest, there's a natural tendency to try to protect your own reputation by perservering with your mistake?

I seem to remember the vast majority on here been happy when we signed McBurnie ?. It comes down to having to sign Championship players when we need Premiership standard. I am sorry but it always come down to lack of investment. In particular the start of last season, which is now coming back to haunt us now.
Or is it that Wilder is more comfortable signing this type of player ?.

He's a dinosaur in footballing terms, no matter how much he is fed, no matter how much he tries, no matter how much he works he's an extinct species in the upper echelons of PL football. The sooner CW realises that, or admits it to himself, the sooner we can move on

Are we playing that way because, when you've made a mistake when employing someone who doesn't fit in with the rest, there's a natural tendency to try to protect your own reputation by perservering with your mistake?
I'm sure this dinosaur was at the club last season tho TT.:yes: UTMPB

I'm sure this dinosaur was at the club last season tho TT.:yes: UTMPB
He was Rod and , he survived a year on a very meagre diet of 1 meal per 6 appearances.

This year he's down to 1 in every 12- a certain route to top level extinction.

I remember Bully saying that his mate at Barnsley said he looks nowt like a footballer, runs nowt like a footballer but he does score goals- at that level.

Bully's mate was right and now, at the top level, he's proving weekly that h's nowt like a footballer.

Sad, he's a grafter , he's wholehearted, he puts the effort in but he's a modern day Wyn Davies,( but nowhere near as prolific and he wasn't prolific either!) out of his depth at the top level and without the heading ability!

OK OK enough of the gloom already! 😩

I’ve just bet mi Chessy born but plastic ManU fan neighbour a giant Christmas Mars Bar that they won’t beat us tomorrow neet. How’s that for confidence? ⚔

Well I may have muttered ’by more than 4’ but I don’t think he heard me. 😉

Either way....COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARRRRRDS!!

You've got to laugh haven't you...................piece in the Times today with predictions for where everybody will be after the 5 Christmas matches....and guess what - they have us with still 1 bloody point!!

Anyway, as we know, pundits are always wrong about us - so hopefully this is another example :wagging:

It's hard to explain or excuse McBurnie's poor goal return but we can look at how he's being used by both Wilder and Steve Clarke as being detrimental to the lad's development. He's being played as an isolated battering ram in two attritional teams, with us playing the sort of unsophisticated hoof I had hoped was long since removed from United's DNA.

The player we signed was an awkward, languid looking link up goal scoring forward, who had decent control, good timing and was a nuisance for opposition defenders. A poor man's Berbatov or a rich man's Bogdanovic - either way there's an effective player in there, but in CWAK's wisdom they focused their energy into turning McBurnie into Gary bloody Madine.

At Barnsley he did well down the left feeding off chaotic scraps from Kiefer Moore and an advanced supporting midfield. At Swansea he had the craft, pace and trickery of Dyer, Routledge, James and Celina offering him support in what was an attractive passing team. We don't really have any attacking identity at the moment.

With the best laid plans of mice and man maybe the strikeforce of McBurnie and Maupay that CW wanted could have clicked and could have had us sitting comfortable in midtable. But as it stands, for all the money spent, we don't have a front two that works at PL level.

OK OK enough of the gloom already! 😩

I’ve just bet mi Chessy born but plastic ManU fan neighbour a giant Christmas Mars Bar that they won’t beat us tomorrow neet. How’s that for confidence? ⚔

Well I may have muttered ’by more than 4’ but I don’t think he heard me. 😉

Either way....COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARRRRRDS!!

I should collect immediately mate. You've won your bet.

The game is on Thursday.:cool:

wilders other mistake was not signing two strikers who can actually score goals. hes relied on mcburnie and hes totally let him down.

Get Mcburnie and Brewster playing in and around the box, give them the service and they will score, guaranteed imo. Our premiership strikers are born! The problem is whether CW sees this as a workable attacking combination and who is going to supply it at the moment?
So CW brings in plan B. Didsy, Norwood in the supporting midfield role? Maybe not at this level but Sander and someone with a bit of flair and trickery in a Duffy no 10 type role would do. So we beed to invest in Jan, certain CW will do this. In the meantime try it with whatever midfield can be put together to get the supply. Playing far too deep at the moment and hoofball to Mcburnie isn't working. Nothing to loose now imo.

Get Mcburnie and Brewster playing in and around the box, give them the service and they will score, guaranteed imo. Our premiership strikers are born! The problem is whether CW sees this as a workable attacking combination and who is going to supply it at the moment?
So CW brings in plan B. Didsy, Norwood in the supporting midfield role? Maybe not at this level but Sander and someone with a bit of flair and trickery in a Duffy no 10 type role would do. So we beed to invest in Jan, certain CW will do this. In the meantime try it with whatever midfield can be put together to get the supply. Playing far too deep at the moment and hoofball to Mcburnie isn't working. Nothing to loose now imo.
Without more creativity we will not score many. If our front 2 were Aguero and Henry they would struggle with the service. I worry that Wilder does not go for flair players.

Just popped in the Railway for a few and to admire Carol's fantastic decor.
Finishing my last pint and looking forward to getting in the Lane to my seat and watching us thrash manu, Brewster hat trick and Hendo wishing he'd stayed...........................................................:sleep:

LOL! Daft thing Beany is that he said that they were going to hammer us tomorrow and I corrected him and told him they wouldn’t because it was on Thursday (only because I’d just seen it was on on Amazon) ... I still got it wrong.

You see pal, that’s the type of thing that happens to you when you get to be over 40...you’ll see 😁

Without more creativity we will not score many. If our front 2 were Aguero and Henry they would struggle with the service. I worry that Wilder does not go for flair players.

Holmes, that pi55 in a bottle bloke from MK Dons, Robinson, Freeman. All with flair and creativity. For various reasons none worked out.

TBH Moose has it in bucketloads. Sadly his flair has glass knees and ankles and that makes it shy.

“The results from all of us at this football club haven’t been good enough and I have to take responsibility for that," said Wilder.

That's a start Chris, now sort it.