NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 301 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good reason to get this sorted as the Spanish have said that their priority will be to get the contracts of all the players sorted.

Given the shit they’ve been through over the last six months I’m doubtful either will want to remain on a new deal and face dropping into league 2. Whether they are sold or walk on a free I think it’s unlikely they’ll be here next season.

I am uncomfortable with the fact throughout the process the SC and Nandy seemed to lack enthusiasm for the Spanish bid. That seemed most obvious when both seemed to have no interest in them fixing the bid after Jose failed the EFL test despite admin saying they were going to. They clearly aren't willing or able to tell us the specifics but i don't believe they'd have been like that unless there was something to be genuinely concerned about. Personally that continues to give me an uneasy feeling but without knowing what the details are it's difficult to say much more.

The flip side is the EFL have appeared to do a very thorough job in vetting the bid which as painfully drawn out as it has been i am glad about. Clilverd has been success in sports marketing and Moreno successfully part of running Leganes and tried to buy us before Choi - so you'd like to think they are coming in with their eyes open and willing to invest appropriately. They were also the only ones to offer the deposit, even when they were struggling and needed 3 extensions the other bidders never seemed to really push hard. So while we can say maybe someone else would be better the rival bidders had plenty of opportunities to push the Spanish out and for whatever reason didn't.

I dont think it's necessary that everyone parks any skeptism and says they are going to be great but neither should we assume the worst and jump to conclusions that it's going to end up another Choi. We all want the best for the club and we just need to see how it goes and judge them on what they do.

After what we've endured - no players, no manager, transfer bans, giving away top players etc things have been rock bottom and hopefully getting the deal done now gives us a chance to get new manager in before the window opens and get our players lined up and brought in asap. It can surely only improve from here.

Whatever we may think, it's worth remembering you have to be a bit mental to want to buy a club like us in our position at this time (market collapsed, global financial crisis, no crowds etc) so we are lucky anyone was willing and able to buy us. They're likely going to be losing a lot of money for a number of years before they have a prayer of making a return on investment and a number of other clubs in similar situations weren't able to get anyone in. So got to be grateful we appear to be on the verge of surviving.
I'm not.
Nandy couldn't care less about the Football Club, everything she's done has been for her own benefit, not ours.
The same can be said for the council too.
They both latched on to Lenagan's publicity stunt in July like a hungry baby suckling it's mother.
And both have done again with the Fantasist Frampton "bid".
Whenever Nandy & The Council get excited over a bidder, it's because it benefits them, as well as the Rugby... But that doesn't mean it benefits us.

From what I understand, The Spanish bid benefits us and us only, and that's the way it should be...

Given the shit they’ve been through over the last six months I’m doubtful either will want to remain on a new deal and face dropping into league 2. Whether they are sold or walk on a free I think it’s unlikely they’ll be here next season.

Possibly but I would like to see the new owner given the chance to persuade them to stay.

Also, as has been said many times on this forum, maybe they are not considered good enough to be Championship players and therefore would only attract clubs from L1, were they would have to be on lower wages anyway due to the same restrictions we would be under.

But none of it is pertinent to the debate on this thread. If you wish to continue please take it to off topic to prevent clogging up the thread with political statements.

You must be right joy at parties. Perhaps you could just accept that sometimes conversations naturally evolve and move in different directions and stop getting agitated when they do as it invariably drifts back to the headline topic.

You must be right joy at parties. Perhaps you could just accept that sometimes conversations naturally evolve and move in different directions and stop getting agitated when they do as it invariably drifts back to the headline topic.

Strange as it may seem not everyone wants to debate politics on a football site. I asked politely if it could be moved to Off topic as there seems to be a number of posters who are saying that it is not appropriate for this thread. If however it is your intention to be obstructive then go ahead.

I'm passed being educated MiW, why not one of you clever chaps spot the way the debate is going and create a dedicated thread in off topic, linking to it in here and asking all inte4rested parties to come join you ???
Just a thought.

As I said to TB instead of be I I guess agitated just accept that conversations organically evolve.

No one is past being educated. If we were then views on racism in society for example would never change.

Strange as it may seem not everyone wants to debate politics on a football site. I asked politely if it could be moved to Off topic as there seems to be a number of posters who are saying that it is not appropriate for this thread. If however it is your intention to be obstructive then go ahead.

Yet judging by the number participating it’s clear they do. I’m hardly being obstructive as it’s not exactly a big deal unless you are deliberately trying to find grievance.

As I said to TB instead of be I I guess agitated just accept that conversations organically evolve.

No one is past being educated. If we were then views on racism in society for example would never change.

I don't mind the occasional bit of going off on a tangent, but this has gone beyond that, I have limited time to try to keep abreast with what's going on, so trawling though lots and lots and lots and lots of irrelevant posts (in relation to the thread topic) is a tedious task I'd rather not do.
Rather than try to defend or justify what's happened, would it not have been easy to just say "fair enough guys, apologies, we'll move to off topic" ?

I don't mind the occasional bit of going off on a tangent, but this has gone beyond that, I have limited time to try to keep abreast with what's going on, so trawling though lots and lots and lots and lots of irrelevant posts (in relation to the thread topic) is a tedious task I'd rather not do.
Rather than try to defend or justify what's happened, would it not have been easy to just say "fair enough guys, apologies, we'll move to off topic" ?

There’s over 300 pages of this thread, about a page worth drifted ‘off topic’. I hardly feel it’s burdensome to skip them and then eat into your limited time to complain about them. Perhaps you could just respect the fact that others wished to talk about other issues for a brief time?

There’s over 300 pages of this thread, about a page worth drifted ‘off topic’. I hardly feel it’s burdensome to skip them and then eat into your limited time to complain about them. Perhaps you could just respect the fact that others wished to talk about other issues for a brief time?
Yes but go else where talk about them are you on meds by any chance and have run out

You can't get any more far left than BLM.

BLM, Mugabe, Putin and Xi Jinping are all one and the same.
Communist Dictatorship 101 - To rule with an Iron fist through Fear, Division, Suppression and when all else fails... Force.

ARE YOU BLIND POLITICAL TALK IN OFF TOPIC PLEASE

ARE YOU BLIND POLITICAL TALK IN OFF TOPIC PLEASE
Are you on your period today...??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For your information, the request "to get back on topic" was made as I was typing that post.

PS. A little bit of politeness wouldn't go a miss either...

Notable exception here - public sector and civil service workers (NHS aside obvs) many of whom have been "working at home" for the best part of a year on full pay whilst saving the cost of commuting, pret sandwich lunches and overpriced wanky coffee - saved thousands these types
Have you 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.