Lineup v Wimbledon? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Lineup v Wimbledon?

The loan guy we had did look very impressive. But I suppose when a new keeper, like Bonham, comes into a club as "starting goalie" they are probably a bit more under the microscope than players in other positions. I wasn`t particularly impressed with him after the first six or eight games, but feel that he`s now more settled and putting in consistently good performances. He`s bound to make some mistakes and the fact that we have a very impressive young go....

You talking about this season or last season Lancs?

I was very impressed with him last season after we lost Holy. And I’ve been equally impressed this season, although he’s had the odd shaky moment.

For a L1 keeper I reckon Jack is very good. Rovers fans rated him previously too. Saw a stat a while ago that he’s kept most clean sheets in L1 over 2 seasons (might have been at the start of this season actually).

Good win to remove some of the “hoodoos”.

And in a way we needed that one. We had the p!ss poor run of defeats, but hindsight shows they were mainly against teams currently in the top 8 or so who will probably stay there (MK apart). And we have shown we are more than competitive against the rest of the division.

Being a plastic I didn’t wake up early enough to watch the game. Did we play 4-4-2 with Dom Samuel more central alongside Oliver?
I saw it more as Samuel up top on his own, Graham and Oliver on the wings, Samuel was anonymous in the first half little effort and very few challenges.
His goal however, was well taken, why can't he do it more often.

Good win to remove some of the “hoodoos”.

And in a way we needed that one. We had the p!ss poor run of defeats, but hindsight shows they were mainly against teams currently in the top 8 or so who will probably stay there (MK apart). And we have shown we are more than competitive against the rest of the division.

Being a plastic I didn’t wake up early enough to watch the game. Did we play 4-4-2 with Dom Samuel more central alongside Oliver?
4-3-3 for most of it.
Oliver, Samuel, Graham ( who was superb )

I thought Bonham looked a bit shaky, he never came for any balls, and the double save was because when he makes a save he always puts the ball back in the danger zone. Maybe I was spoilt watching our loan keeper.
Are you Trashbat in disguise?

Actually, he could do with commanding his area a bit more. However, we have a tendency to give attackers acres of space to have free headers/shots.

Ironically, our winner was from a free tap in that we rarely get from the oppos imo.

You talking about this season or last season Lancs?

I was very impressed with him last season after we lost Holy. And I’ve been equally impressed this season, although he’s had the odd shaky moment.

For a L1 keeper I reckon Jack is very good. Rovers fans rated him previously too. Saw a stat a while ago that he’s kept most clean sheets in L1 over 2 seasons (might have been at the start of this season actually).

TBH, I was talking more about this season than last. And if i`m very honest, i`d forgotten that he was with us for the majority of last term !!!! Must be the odd effect that these crazy times are having on us/me :wack:

Bottom line though, I think we`re fine with Bonham in goal.

I
Are you Trashbat in disguise?

Actually, he could do with commanding his area a bit more. However, we have a tendency to give attackers acres of space to have free headers/shots.

Ironically, our winner was from a free tap in that we rarely get from the oppos imo.
I'm not suggesting we should sack him, I just don't think he's anything special, and his kicking is woeful.

Good win Wombles are never easy.As for Bonham I think there is a chance that Evans has dropped a few hints .If Bonham is out of contract at the end of the season. Evans could have simply said that he preferred Lumley on current form and Bonham would have to do better to get a new deal.That knock he received could have done us a big favour in more ways than one.

Yes, it's the other twat that winds me up with his screetching when nothing is happening.

Peter is the "colour" man (although pale pastels and shades of grey for the most part). That means the other fellow should focus on the play-by-play the way the Charlton boys mostly managed it.

Did mine ears deceive me or did our chap say "rugby goalkeeper" or "rugby goalie" tonight and, if so, is this an expression which I'm simply not 'in" on or was he babbling?

Peter is the "colour" man (although pale pastels and shades of grey for the most part). That means the other fellow should focus on the play-by-play the way the Charlton boys mostly managed it.

Did mine ears deceive me or did our chap say "rugby goalkeeper" or "rugby goalie" tonight and, if so, is this an expression which I'm simply not 'in" on or was he babbling?
Didn't hear that. Do not listen to him on the radio (I assume you can't over there anyway) as on multiple occasions he makes it sound as if a goal is certain when it is nowhere near. When watching on ifollow it's not so bad as you can see it's b#llocks. Still irritating though.

Bonham nearly got an assist last night with a quick kick out to Dempsey who could have taken a shot but tried to square to Graham for a tap in but they messed it up between them. As for Samuel one reason he doesn't do it more often is because he's been stuck out wide. Hopefully that goal will boost his confidence

Good stuff Gills. Bonham had a good game and is beginning to make his mark. Think that things are settling a bit for our team and the back end is shaping up well and establishing itself as the first choice starting back four. Mackenzie sitting in front of them is working well too and we are achieving some effective continuity. I hope that SE doesn`t depart too much from tonight`s starting line-up when Exeter visit on Saturday.

Well done Gills.
Agree with this. Medley has really come on and Mackenzie does the often unnoticed defensive work in front of the back four well