Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester City U21s | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester City U21s

I’m not entirely sure where the notion that Roughan and Eyoma have to become centre backs comes from tbh. Not saying they won’t become strong players there but they’ve really impressed me at full back...
Thommo thinks that Roughan is a centre half, but I disagree. He looks a very good left back, but dodgy in the centre. Melbourne seems to be out of position too often, so the two together doesn't work.

A few standing out for Man City should any loans need to be considered come January

Gomes and Doyle at the back for them look very assured
Braaf on the right is a bit raw but quick and direct

When we played Chelsea in the semi final Hudson Odoi was on more than our entire first team!

Emerson played a lot of first team games since, as well as internationals for Italy. Ampadu now at Sheffield United on loan as well as playing for Wales. I thought Hudson Odoi was quiet that Night, apart from his missed penalty Ampadu was the stand out player.

I think that the squad players haven't as yet given MA much of a headache for the weekend match. Edun, Archibald, Gotts not really achieved much. All three need a good second half to try and force themselves into starting XI's for the important matches

Did the ball hold up on some surface water for Harry there. Made a really good ball out of it either way

Emerson played a lot of first team games since, as well as internationals for Italy. Ampadu now at Sheffield United on loan as well as playing for Wales. I thought Hudson Odoi was quiet that Night, apart from his missed penalty Ampadu was the stand out player.
I think Reece James played as well didn’t he?

I’m not entirely sure where the notion that Roughan and Eyoma have to become centre backs comes from tbh. Not saying they won’t become strong players there but they’ve really impressed me at full back...
Tonight haven’t got much choice without risking fitness have we?