Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester City U21s | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester City U21s

I’m most likely giving this one a miss having watched all games + every available friendly. To be honest when you spend all day in front of a screen, need a night off! Might buy some 50/50 tickets instead ( I presume none of the Ifollow fees go to Man City though)

Any news on their side? U18s-based seemed to be the rumour. I am not ref Carl Boyson's biggest fan. He seems an unpredictable and showy ref on occasion.

Man City team

Here's how we line up for tonight's #PapaJohnsTrophy tie away to @LincolnCity_FC X1: Slicker, Lavia, Robinson, C Doyle, Gomes, F Nmecha (C), Simmonds, Bobb, Bernabe, Knight, Braaf Subs: Scott, Wright-Phillips, Sobowale, Gyabi, Gbadebo, Hamilton, Oduroh

Unsurprisingly none of the City team means much to me
Wonder if Wright-Phillips is Ian Wright's grandson.......son of Bradley or Shaun??

That is literally all the players we have available.

Missing are Montsma (injured), Walsh (injured), Soule (injured), Morton (injured), Johnson (international), Scully (international), Elbouzedi (international), and Palmer because we can't name three goalkeepers.

Any news on their side? U18s-based seemed to be the rumour. I am not ref Carl Boyson's biggest fan. He seems an unpredictable and showy ref on occasion.
Not forgiven him for giving Bris Rovers that crap pen last season ! Chance for Robbie Gotts to show what he can do against his age group.

We are now in the position of having picked a strong senior team against their largely under 18's , so if we lose now I would now be disappointed

That is literally all the players we have available.

Missing are Montsma (injured), Walsh (injured), Soule (injured), Morton (injured), Johnson (international), Scully (international), Elbouzedi (international), and Palmer because we can't name three goalkeepers.

Shame we couldn't have stuck Palmer up front. He'd cause them problems and give us all memories of Stuart Naylor leading the line nearly 40 years ago

Unsurprisingly none of the City team means much to me
Wonder if Wright-Phillips is Ian Wright's grandson.......son of Bradley or the other one??
Cieran Slicker (18)
Roméo Lavia (16)
Sammy Robinson (18)
Callum Doyle (17)
Claudio Gomes (20)
Felix Nmecha (20)
Keyendrah Simmonds (19)
Oscar Bobb (17)
Adrián Bernabé (19)
Ben Knight (18)
Jayden Braaf (18)

That must be the youngest team we have ever faced.

Substitute D'Margio Wright-Phillips is Shaun's son.

shame Man City are not playing the 10 million teen Moreno... would have been an interesting battle with roughan

Cieran Slicker (18)
Roméo Lavia (16)
Sammy Robinson (18)
Callum Doyle (17)
Claudio Gomes (20)
Felix Nmecha (20)
Keyendrah Simmonds (19)
Oscar Bobb (17)
Adrián Bernabé (19)
Ben Knight (18)
Jayden Braaf (18)

I wonder how much they get a week? Will dwarf out first team budget, insane.

Cieran Slicker (18)
Roméo Lavia (16)
Sammy Robinson (18)
Callum Doyle (17)
Claudio Gomes (20)
Felix Nmecha (20)
Keyendrah Simmonds (19)
Oscar Bobb (17)
Adrián Bernabé (19)
Ben Knight (18)
Jayden Braaf (18)

Are they trying to give us £10,000 or lulling us into a false sense of security !