Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 205 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

I remember seeing Lloyd play for us in the 5-0 home win against Darlington where he scored and played really well. I was disappointed when he rejected a further deal with us or one couldn't have been agreed as I thought he'd be a decent asset the following season. He's actually done pretty well in his career when you consider he's been in and around League 1/League 2 teams for the last eight years. A might have been one for us
Danny worked at the same company as me when he was playing part time football after leaving Lincoln a nice lad he really wanted to sign for Lincoln but the money we offered him was really poor I think we really skint at the time, I remember him saying he played one Tuesday night at Lowestoft for Fylde and practically got home and came straight to work, he scored a cracker for Posh at Sinclair Bank in the EFL.

I played a charity match with Ben whilst he was signed with us and it surprised me that he wore shinpads that were just a plate which he taped to his shins and didn't seem to cover much of his leg or ankle. I wonder if those haven't protected his ankles as much as others would have and made him more susceptible to ankle injuries?

I always think of Tomlinson as being a (mini) proto-Rhead. He was aggressive, wound up opponents, and scored a goal or two. I liked him.

Different times though. Thankfully.

I played a charity match with Ben whilst he was signed with us and it surprised me that he wore shinpads that were just a plate which he taped to his shins and didn't seem to cover much of his leg or ankle. I wonder if those haven't protected his ankles as much as others would have and made him more susceptible to ankle injuries?

Lot's of pro's take that approach, Grealish wears junior ones apparently

Update on what happened to the 16 players who left during the summer / early season:

Jordan Adebayo-Smith: unattached
Charlie Andrew: Pickering Town
Cian Bolger: Northampton Town
Michael Bostwick: Burton Albion
Ellis Chapman: Cheltenham Town
Ben Coker: Stevenage
Neal Eardley: Burton Albion
Lee Frecklington: unattached
Akeem Hinds: unattached
Jamie McCombe: unattached
Jack Payne: Swindon Town
Tom Pett: Stevenage
Jason Shackell: unattached
Alan Sheehan: Northampton Town
Grant Smith: Wealdstone
Josh Vickers: Rotherham United

Jamie McCombe's playing days are surely over. Much has been made of Shackell going to the USA to play, is covid stopping that from happening or was it just a rumour that refused to go away?

Jamie McCombe's playing days are surely over. Much has been made of Shackell going to the USA to play, is covid stopping that from happening or was it just a rumour that refused to go away?
I would think so. The Shackell rumour began because his wife is American, and they intended to head over to live there at the end of the 2018-19 season; Lincoln persuaded him to stay at SB for another season (which didn't go too well for Shackell), but their plans are probably on hold for the time being. I don't expect to see McCombe (37), Shackell (37) or Frecklington (35) turn up anywhere now.