Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 204 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Sounds like Gareth McAuley on co-commentary for Sky for the Crusaders vs. Coleraine match. Not sure he's a natural broadcaster!

It seems like decades ago that he played for us.

Saw him play for Colwyn Bay against us (where my son was provided with a free Cheeseburger, rather than have it thrown away). He was their only threat, but ran out of steam at the edge of the box. I saw him again for us against Stockport where he came on in the second-half, but we lost 4-0. He was similar, but a little better. He was certainly more exciting than anyone else we had on the pitch that day.

He always struck me as someone who had some skill, but needed some training and development. Would have suited us now (if he was 8 years younger), but in the end, flattered to deceive.

For reference, he was with us for a few months in 2012.

Saw him play for Colwyn Bay against us (where my son was provided with a free Cheeseburger, rather than have it thrown away). He was their only threat, but ran out of steam at the edge of the box. I saw him again for us against Stockport where he came on in the second-half, but we lost 4-0. He was similar, but a little better. He was certainly more exciting than anyone else we had on the pitch that day.

He always struck me as someone who had some skill, but needed some training and development. Would have suited us now (if he was 8 years younger), but in the end, flattered to deceive.

For reference, he was with us for a few months in 2012.
I remember him being quick, but that's about it! Nice gesture at Colwyn Bay by the sound of it - wonder if it was when Frank Sinclair was manager?

2012, wow. What a change from then to now!

I remember him being quick, but that's about it! Nice gesture at Colwyn Bay by the sound of it - wonder if it was when Frank Sinclair was manager?

2012, wow. What a change from then to now!

John Newby was in charge (ex-Bury winger) when we played them and Holdsworth brought him in. I think Frank Sinclair replaced him in 2013, so Lloyd would have played for him when he went back after we couldn't agree a deal with him.

I remember seeing Lloyd play for us in the 5-0 home win against Darlington where he scored and played really well. I was disappointed when he rejected a further deal with us or one couldn't have been agreed as I thought he'd be a decent asset the following season. He's actually done pretty well in his career when you consider he's been in and around League 1/League 2 teams for the last eight years. A might have been one for us

A nearly Imp, Simeon Akinola had signed for Southend but I believe they are under a transfer embargo so can’t go through

Worksop are in the same division as Spalding, Stamford and Lincoln Utd. Tomlinson's career has bombed in the last few years - Halifax > Alfreton > Frickley > Worksop.

Worksop are in the same division as Spalding, Stamford and Lincoln Utd. Tomlinson's career has bombed in the last few years - Halifax > Alfreton > Frickley > Worksop.

I believe he has scored less than 10 goals in the 5 years since he left us having had a better than 1 in 3 goal return whilst playing for The Imps.

He never settled after a theoretically decent move to Barnet (how times have changed) and has drifted ever since.

Now over 30 I expect it is tougher to maintain physical standards without the infrastructure of a professional club and the physical regime/medical support that entails.