Donkey Lashers | Vital Football

Donkey Lashers

I'll take a point now, though if we play like we did in the 2nd half on Saturday, there's no reason why we can't come away with all 3.

As an aside, this tickled me .................

I agree 100% Mooney, but only if Sheridan stops changing the team and plays exactly the same team as he played in second half last Saturday.

I know they are youngsters, but just remember those last 20 mins on Saturday !, and after all, those injured senior guys could do with the recuperation time off.

I’m convinced we have only been turning up in second half, because it takes the team 45 mins to work out how to play with the new setup each game ! - So lets hope he has the balls to play the same team as second half last Saturday and I’m sure we will win - no problem !

I agree 100% Mooney, but only if Sheridan stops changing the team and plays exactly the same team as he played in second half last Saturday.

I know they are youngsters, but just remember those last 20 mins on Saturday !, and after all, those injured senior guys could do with the recuperation time off.

I’m convinced we have only been turning up in second half, because it takes the team 45 mins to work out how to play with the new setup each game ! - So lets hope he has the balls to play the same team as second half last Saturday and I’m sure we will win - no problem !
Do you not think the team changes have been forced on him, both by players leaving or being injured?
I think there is nothing more Sheridan would like is to have a settled team, but events have forced him to change at virtually every game.
The one time he did make unforced changes was after the Crewe game, and I think most people agreed with him

Can we win this? Although Blackpool have had a poor start this season they are a side filled with seasoned professionals but they are also a side that have seen many changes since a decent season last year. Maybe too many changes and our assortment of journeymen, loanies and youth players may just turn them over.

The issue isn't just who Sheridan picks, it's starting slow and shocking individual errors that a manager can't legislate for. The players need to take some responsibility and show the urgency and intensity at 0-0 with 90 mins to play rather than when we are a goal or two behind and have 10 minutes left.

I do wonder if the players just aren't playing for Sheridan and aren't buckling down like they could or buying in as they don't think he'll be here much longer and some of them may not believe they'll be here either. In normal circumstances the manager has authority due to a secure position and can move players out and bring his own men or you can move the manager out but neither is an option. It's one thing coming in and caretaking a group of players glad to be rid of the previous manager and looking to prove a point, it's another coming in to caretaker in our situation where the moral is on the floor and many of your players may not really want to be here. Regardless of who was in charge it's very difficult to exercise authority when you pretty much don't have any.

Think we are in footballing limbo unfortunately until we can get a takeover done and have some direction and stability.

The issue isn't just who Sheridan picks, it's starting slow and shocking individual errors that a manager can't legislate for. The players need to take some responsibility and show the urgency and intensity at 0-0 with 90 mins to play rather than when we are a goal or two behind and have 10 minutes left.

I do wonder if the players just aren't playing for Sheridan and aren't buckling down like they could or buying in as they don't think he'll be here much longer and some of them may not believe they'll be here either. In normal circumstances the manager has authority due to a secure position and can move players out and bring his own men or you can move the manager out but neither is an option. It's one thing coming in and caretaking a group of players glad to be rid of the previous manager and looking to prove a point, it's another coming in to caretaker in our situation where the moral is on the floor and many of your players may not really want to be here. Regardless of who was in charge it's very difficult to exercise authority when you pretty much don't have any.

Think we are in footballing limbo unfortunately until we can get a takeover done and have some direction and stability.

You might be onto something regarding the players not playing for Sheridan.
A few people on twitter have suggested some of the senior players from last season are sulking.
If the rumours are true that the Spaniards have asked the stadium staff to take a wage reduction could they also not have asked the senior players to take a further wage cut?
Keeping their wage down during these uncertain times.
The only senior player looking happy to play is Jamie Jones and he's probably enjoying being the number 1 keeper.

Every time we lose a games, no matter who the manager is, the twitter prats say they've lost the dressing room and the players aren't playing for the manager.

I don't particularly rate Sheridan but any manager who has to play with the hand he's been dealt is going to struggle.

They weren't swiped off Hilda Ogden's muriel (sic) were they?

;)

Best line ever on telly:

Stan - What's that lipstick taste of?
Hilda - Woman Stanley, woman.

:LOL:

Once had a chat with Hilda ( Jean ) on a train to Southport. Posh as owt mate. I didn't mention Stan.

Once had a chat with Hilda ( Jean ) on a train to Southport. Posh as owt mate. I didn't mention Stan.

That's amazing, Hindley. We do have something in common. I had the privilege of a similar chat with Jean Alexander on the Victoria to Southport train.

Other memorable chats were with James Bolam on the Plymouth to Santander ferry, and, funnily enough, with Rodney Bewes in the Egyptology section of the British Museum......small world 😂

Don't risk any players with niggly injuries tonight, for me we can write the 2 cup games off, give the injured players another 10 days recovery time, let the young uns have another crack at it against Blackpool. I'll take a 0-0 and will think my tenner was well spent.