Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon | Page 17 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon

Dean Smith is going to have to answer to a few things after this. Whatever game plan they did today is not working at all.

I can see our owners being fairly ruthless this season. A few more games like this and I think Smith will be on very thin ice.

Lets hope he organises something positive for the second half.

It will be another cut and paste interview after this.

Abysmal stuff. Really need to go back to the drawing board with the team selection and tactics 6 goals in two halves is quite clearly not right, especially after previously priding ourselves on being tough to score against

Gotta coach the shit out of set pieces. We're terrible at them, offensively and defensively. Southampton really haven't offered anything other than the dead ball. If this doesn't get sorted then we'll lose games before they even start, like today.

Couldn't think of a southampton player that's done well (dead balls apart of course). It's our own capitulation.

Sorry . If we keep picking up players from the championship we will never progress.

We were crying out for a sprinkle of proper, proven top flight experience.
And we sign a right back from forest and Brentfords centre forward .

This isnt a reactionary opinion. I said in the close season and last summer our recruitment is not right.

Getting all the simple things so, so wrong. Corners, free kicks... Who is our Goalkeeping coach? Martinez has regressed so much, don't trust him to save a fucking thing.

Dean Smith is going to have to answer to a few things after this. Whatever game plan they did today is not working at all.

I can see our owners being fairly ruthless this season. A few more games like this and I think Smith will be on very thin ice.

Lets hope he organises something positive for the second half.
A few more games? You don’t need anymore games, he wouldn’t be our manager but for Covid, he’s fucking clueless and I don’t give toss if he’s Villa or not.