Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City

tight game, first goal was vital. Once they got it, a bit like away games last season... They sat back and did what we have been doing all this season.
credit to donc, they worked very hard.
archibald had our one real scoring chance. Their keeper’s only real save was from OG in the first half.
We tried to force it, and failed to create an opening unfortunately - with three little forwards against a deep defence.
Interesting that under a bit more pressure eyoma and montsma struggled to get the ball forward... Edun struggled even more - way off it.

another game to learn from.

Young players will have learned much from today but you could see where a wise head from Bridcutt would have made a big difference today. We'll get matches like this throughout the season

Was always going to be a tough game today. First half i thought both sides were good separated by a wondergoal. Donny were good, knew what we were looking to do and played to stop us moving it as freely.
Thought second half we didnt perform as well. A lot more misplaced passes (Montsma had about 4, of all people) and decision making at times wasn't great in final third.
Its not all bad, still joint top and I have an inkling we will turn up vs a good Portsmouth side Tuesday.

tight game, first goal was vital. Once they got it, a bit like away games last season... They sat back and did what we have been doing all this season.
credit to donc, they worked very hard.
archibald had our one real scoring chance. Their keeper’s only real save was from OG in the first half.
We tried to force it, and failed to create an opening unfortunately - with three little forwards against a deep defence.
Interesting that under a bit more pressure eyoma and montsma struggled to get the ball forward... Edun struggled even more - way off it.

another game to learn from.
Funny how we see it - Edun has a mixed first half but as strong as any second, contender for MoM for me.

We deserved a draw although not at our best. As others have said, only a great goal separated the two sides but we had two good opportunities in the second half, first when Eyoma should have headed for goal instead of trying to lay the ball back, and second when Archibald ought really to have earned us a point.

I thought we missed Bridcutt in the first half especially when none of the midfield three were at their best. Improved with the change round in the second half although Harry Anderson seemed to fade from the game a bit so the substitutions were no surprise. Seemed to take Scully a while to get into the game though.

No doubt Edun will get some stick on here for (allegedly) frequently giving the ball away, but he was certainly outdone by Montsma today.

Very even game. Donny I think just shaded it. Not much you can do about a goal like theirs. On the day, their passing was just that bit better than ours. I see Peterborough’s blitz has put them ahead of us so it’s down to third. Don’t think we played that badley at all so it’s heads up and on to Portsmouth I hope.

You can't win 'em all. Undoubtedly the Sat-Tues intensity of the fixture list is going to catch up with all teams and I think it caught up with us today. Map has played a generally settled side for a few weeks because it has been getting us results, when ideally a little more rotation would have helped. And don't forget tiredness isn't just physical - it's mental too and that affects decision making like taking short corners when it's not the best option.

My fault .... I put a £10mil price tag on his head after Crewe. Looked more like 10 bob 2nd half 🙈
He did seem to be shedding 0s by the minute at one stage. Part of the learning process, but having looked so assured with Walsh alongside, let's hope it was just a blip.

You can't win 'em all. Undoubtedly the Sat-Tues intensity of the fixture list is going to catch up with all teams and I think it caught up with us today. Map has played a generally settled side for a few weeks because it has been getting us results, when ideally a little more rotation would have helped. And don't forget tiredness isn't just physical - it's mental too and that affects decision making like taking short corners when it's not the best option.
Yep, we looked a side in need of a recharge today. Donny probably affected it, but we looked slow of thought and action for a fair part of the game. Think MA should have made changes at h/t.

Wow, joint top of the league.

Hmm - I'm always cautious of a phrase like that as it usually means we're NOT top.

But I was scarred for life by what happened at the end of the 1974/75 season when we were 'joint fourth' but actually finished fifth and missed out on promotion.