Match thread - a bit of luck helps. | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match thread - a bit of luck helps.

I'll repeat Popey again, this is a relegation battle until proven otherwise. When 2 or 3 consecutive wins come I'll calm down a bit but for now I'll keep shitting my pants.

Dafuq thinks the autos are gone and I don't think that's unreasonable - WBA squeaked it with just 7 losses I think.
He has 2 pts a game, thats autos form

It's definitely better and we had chances to win but the lack of confidence is plain to see. This should have been a relatively easy 3 points given the huge disparity in resource and squad so some credit should go to Rotherham as well as criticism of our tactics and passing.

We aren’t a side that often starts games well, in part that's because we are a defensive side but it needs addressing.

Yeah, probably. Only 40 games left and 120 points to play for.

It would take an absolute colossal achievement, lots of luck, the sides in the top positions to go on absolute nightmare runs especially Reading for us to claw back a 12 point deficit.

A12 point deficit just to get even

So at the beginning of the season did anyone believe Sheffield Wednesday could get autos after they got their 12pt deduction?

We are 6 games in now and have effectively a 12pt deduction on Reading and 9 on Bristol City

Do you really think this club with our history over the last couple of decades and the untold failures, bad luck and just how often we make the possible IMPOSSSIBLE so often can do this?

Yes maybe we can but this is NFFC and if anyone thinks we cannot mess up more than we did in those last 10-12 games from last season then I don't think you are quite remembering the last 2-3 decades of this club.

I would take it as a given that Colin ****** will take one of the Auto spots with Middlesbrough that leaves one auto spot

I'm usually very positive, overtly, at the beginning of the season so I'll say it's possible, highly unlikely, but possible

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's bonfire but realistically we have more chance of being in a relegation fight than reaching the play offs IMHO at the moment

Last edited:
Arter is much better than colback. I would start sow as well instead of yates if he could actually manage a game.

Ioannous passing is dreadful.

CBS were dreadful.

Yates and grabban...2 absolute sitters.

Loannous has gone from pinging in loads of brilliant crosses and passes in his first game to not making the right choices and not being able to make simple 5 yard passes. However I think he will be much better throughout the season.

He did do some good things too

There was nothing wrong with Riberio IMHO

Yates missed 2 great chances yesterday one was exactly the same as in the last game.

He was unable to pass the ball 5 yards with out any accuracy and played the ball back about 3 times when we had players in good positions in front of him.

I like Yates and he will get better but Arter should have been on from the beginning

Last edited:
Grabban should definitely be “ rested “ for Friday . As for Ameobi? Anyone slating him Is wrong IMO, that lad is the one player who tries his heart out every single game. He was the one that came up with the goods yet again and got us a goal.

What Ameobi needed last night was a man on. He did all the hard work and had little support from Colback, Grabban and Ioannou in respect of outlet.

We need better movement

I'll repeat Popey again, this is a relegation battle until proven otherwise. When 2 or 3 consecutive wins come I'll calm down a bit but for now I'll keep shitting my pants.

Dafuq thinks the autos are gone and I don't think that's unreasonable - WBA squeaked it with just 7 losses I think.

Dearie me

Who's wrist slashing ? i just said i'm a big fan of his but you can't argue that he's missed a shed load of chances that you'd expect him to put away since after January though .
His finishing has been appalling .

Grabban needs a rest

He played most of the season on his own up front and worked his arse off and it has taken a toll on him

He was incredible and had an injury and is 32? has only had a few weeks rest

He needs time out and this was why I was livid that we didn't sign another recognised forward at this level to compliment Taylor

Instead we purchased 15 million defensive type players when we already had some to come back..A waste of money on combined wages that could have been used to spend on one decent forward player

Last edited:
Loannous has gone from pinging in loads of brilliant crosses and passes in his first game to not making the right choices and not being able to make simple 5 yard passes. However I think he will be much better throughout the season.

There was nothing wrong with Riberio IMHO

Yates missed 2 great chances yesterday one was exactly the same as in the last game.

He was unable to pass the ball 5 yards with out any accuracy and played the ball back about 3 times when we had players in good positions in front of him.

I like Yates and he will get better but Arter should have been on from the beginning

What you need to do, is give young Ryan some mind coaching. Float a few air biscuits across the table and give the lad the wisdom of your words.

Blimey, there's some miserable buggers amongst you lot, it looks so obvious that there's a lack of confidence in this bunch of players. And it's temporary,one day shortly our new manager will have it sorted and eliminated and with a bit of luck we'll start to climb. I'm sorry in particular for Grabban, his game relies heavily on confidence and he will eventually get out of it, 20 goals a season is good stuff for any team. Honestly, 2 games played in a very short space of time and 4 points to show is acceptable at the moment.

Some of you need to show a bit of patience.

:arrghh:

The season started Saturday. We've got 4 points from 2 games. Players still bedding in. We could and should have won that game. Possibly two quality wingers still to add to that team. I'm confident we'll be more games than we'll lose.

Two quality wingers who are going to have to fight for their places.

Joe Lolley had his best game for some time last night; he does not look like he wants to give his place up to anyone

Blimey, there's some miserable buggers amongst you lot, it looks so obvious that there's a lack of confidence in this bunch of players. And it's temporary,one day shortly our new manager will have it sorted and eliminated and with a bit of luck we'll start to climb. I'm sorry in particular for Grabban, his game relies heavily on confidence and he will eventually get out of it, 20 goals a season is good stuff for any team. Honestly, 2 games played in a very short space of time and 4 points to show is acceptable at the moment.

Some of you need to show a bit of patience.

:arrghh:

You need to bear in mind that the closest some of the "miserable buggers" have come to the sport is playing FIFA on line, where confidence is not an issue, and a bit of Alt Ctrl Delete makes your problems go away.

Just give them a break, ORF