Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 43 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Just read somewhere that we only had 4 players who were in the starting line up in March, so I checked. Yep, totally true :grinning:

Looking at the team we put out that day, I’m not surprised we had 30% possession and only 1 shot on target.

If that has been Mourinho, Arteta or Frank Lampard who “matched them up” to get a smash and grab at the end the analysis would’ve been all about the tactical genius of the manager.

I’ve levelled more than my fair share or criticism against Deano for poor tactics in the last 12 months which was fully justified as we nearly got relegated - though it was in game tactics and game management that was letting us down more than set up - but he must take credit for yesterday. Even if it’s not him who sees it, he takes credit for implementing and making it happen what others have said as ultimately the buck stops with him. We’ve all seen lesser experienced managers in the top flight not taken advice from those around them.

Anyway, the more time the likes of Danny Murphy sits there analysing why Leicester missed Vardy or Maddison, than what we did right is only a good thing for me. Keeps us under the radar for longer, it’ll be Xmas before managers start realising we aren’t just about Jack Grealish - although still too much of the play goes down his side still.
I dont know why you and others are so surprised re comments from pundits etc.
Even in our greatest seasons re the old First Division and winning the European Cup we got no respect or praise from anwhere outside of Brum.
The whole of that 80-81 season all of the football world in the UK were desperate for Ipswich to stop us winning the title.
Bunch of tossers.

Some of the ex pros are very good, and Neville is a good example, also Jermane Jenas is good I think. I like the enthusiasm of Ian Wright and the madness of Roy Keane. But not every pundit has to be a pro, some of the journos are also very decent.

Then again, I seem to be getting into a debate I don't have that much interest in ! LOL

Some are awful though.
Ironically, one of the better pundits before his time with us was O'Neill. He was honest and impartial. The Sunderland failure turned him into a bitter old man and he's never been the same since.
I'd prefer ex-pros over journos to be honest, but I think they all have a shelf-life before they become ingrained into that media culture. Robbie Earle was great when he first started, now I just want him to shut the hell up! Over here in the states they sometimes use LeSaux and Lee Dixon as co-commentators. Good balance with those two....

Just read somewhere that we only had 4 players who were in the starting line up in March, so I checked. Yep, totally true :grinning:

Looking at the team we put out that day, I’m not surprised we had 30% possession and only 1 shot on target.

Vardy didn't play that day either

I dont know why you and others are so surprised re comments from pundits etc.
Even in our greatest seasons re the old First Division and winning the European Cup we got no respect or praise from anwhere outside of Brum.
The whole of that 80-81 season all of the football world in the UK were desperate for Ipswich to stop us winning the title.
Bunch of tossers.

We’re not as old as you 😂👍🏻

On the downside we’ll never see that success in our lives 😞

Alex Scott completed a media studies degree after retiring......it shows

Good on her, better than just getting a gig like these thick as pig shit ex male players do.

Although three years to learn how to smile and answer a question bringing in the second pundit at the end of the answer seems a bit too much hard work for me.

Good on her, better than just getting a gig like these thick as pig shit ex male players do.

Although three years to learn how to smile and answer a question bringing in the second pundit at the end of the answer seems a bit too much hard work for me.
Yeah, but she does it better than most......and looks good to :love:

This is the craic the women complain about though, sometimes you have to be overly qualified to even be considered. I don't know what Media Degree grants her but I guarantee she had to get it before they'd even let her on the box.

The barrier is low with some of the pundits. Like Michael Owen there, you'd wonder if he could spell his own name or find his way to the bathroom. Redknap is another that seems like a pure simpleton.

If we're being honest some of these women would actually do a decent job if given a chance. Imagine you're a women who has played internationally over 100 times, been to a load of world cups and played for the biggest clubs in Europe. Now you're being told "well you don't understand this level of the game because of X, Y, Z". Then next you're Graham Sounness's expert analysis is Liverpool are losing is because the grass is too long.

I've had enough of these pundits, may as well stick some good looking on the show than listen to Patrice Evra. We call women emotional? Man nearly cried on national television because the team he played for lost 6-1.