The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

Can't say I really care about the result but the performance was obviously very worrying - the first 80 minutes should have been like the last 10 minutes and I've no idea why we didn't make that happen - this one's on DS for sure and is a concerning echo from last season to my mind, second string or not.

This was like watching Villa last season - desperate in all departments. Lansbury must have kicked his last ball for us - he was abysmal tonight. Ghazi not much better and Taylor was his usual self with little or no idea.

Presumably he's the "make do" until Wesley is back but that hardly makes me feel any better as backup to the backup :)

Any injury or complete failure to hit any form for Watkins and there’s no alternative. I don’t buy the Traore can fill in either. You may as well be back playing El Ghazi there like last season.

Well there you have it! No league cup final to look forward to this season, and probably the last ever time we see Lansbury, Jota, Elmo and El Ghazi in Villa shirts.

Fair play to Stoke, solid defensive performance. Davis and Lansbury should have scored but other than that they did a decent job of keeping us out.

On to the Premier League!

Not entirely sure why that one's all on Smith. Put out the same team that player very well against Bristol City.

Got what I expected from the usual suspects but Davis was a disappointment.

Angela was very very poor. Didn't expect much, but was hoping for more than he gave as he did play well against Bristol. That'll be that for him. Might make the bench a couple times this season but that's it (short of an injury crisis).

El Ghazi is just...just :arrghh:

Oh well, it’s the league cup. Won’t lose any sleep over it. Smith has to use the squad, and as long as he learns what a load of shit most of the reserves are then that’ll do me.

Liverpool is the real tactical test on Sunday, let’s see if he can pull something out for the league game which is what matters.

Not entirely sure why that one's all on Smith. Put out the same team that player very well against Bristol City.

Got what I expected from the usual suspects but Davis was a disappointment.

Angela was very very poor. Didn't expect much, but was hoping for more than he gave as he did play well against Bristol. That'll be that for him. Might make the bench a couple times this season but that's it (short of an injury crisis).

El Ghazi is just...just :arrghh:

The difference was Bristol put out a third string and Stoke have been playing well.

Hopefully, that's brought the players back down to planet earth just like it has us.
Our reserve players are not good enough to beat Stokes reserves and we are now down to two fit CB's into the bargain