The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 274 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Wonder if Benrahma was ever / still is a target as well. He'll surely be expecting a move this summer.

I'll be honest, i'm not totally convinced by him yet. Benrahma on his best day looks very good but I wonder how often he has those sort of days. Someone will take a chance on him sooner or later but i'm totally on the fence weather it should be us or not

I'll be honest, i'm not totally convinced by him yet. Benrahma on his best day looks very good but I wonder how often he has those sort of days. Someone will take a chance on him sooner or later but i'm totally on the fence weather it should be us or not

Yes, when I saw him in the 'big' games at the end of the season, he didn't look at it. That rules him out for me, but I also concede, I don't watch Brentford all the time (!) and I guess the only plus with him would be he has the understanding with our - probably - new signing.

But no, with a fair few of ours going missing (in my humble) we don't really need another who blows hot and cold.

Spending another £30m on another Brentford player would be a big gamble. Imagine the laughing stock we become if they are both failures?

We’ve already written off £12m for Hogan

Watkins is a phenomenal signing. Unbelievable all the good players come from Championship recently and some of our fans poo pooing this because Championship. Maybe we should've paid 40 million for likes of Haller or Joelinton instead

Watkins is a phenomenal signing. Unbelievable all the good players come from Championship recently and some of our fans poo pooing this because Championship. Maybe we should've paid 40 million for likes of Haller or Joelinton instead

Well we don't really know how he'll work out yet, but I can't imagine he'll flop as hard as those two.

100% agree. Would £28m for Tammy last summer been such a gamble? No.

Also, heh: "poo pooing".

Or 20 million on an ex Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid, Bayern, World Cup golden boot winning striker who has only just turned 29.

Or at least show some ambition by trying .

Or at least show some ambition by targeting similarly well known established, experienced in top flight players .

I’m quite frankly staggered we are paying in this amount for Watkins. Not my money but it’s absolutely barmy. Let’s not dress it up as anymore than a huge gamble.

Yes any signing is a gamble but you can still gamble considering evidence based on what a player has actually done. Even Wilson , who I was not advocating, is a better bet than Watkins based on what he has done.

Last edited:

Totally agree. 25 goals in the championship.
Tammy 26
How much would anyone expect to pay for him now 40-50m ?
DS knows he is a great trainer-disciplined and wants to progress.
And has a brilliant work rate. He will bring pace up top and can only get better.
Hope King is on the way with a CH and a winger and this will be a productive window ..........

Totally agree. 25 goals in the championship.
Tammy 26
How much would anyone expect to pay for him now 40-50m ?
DS knows he is a great trainer-disciplined and wants to progress.
And has a brilliant work rate. He will bring pace up top and can only get better.
Hope King is on the way with a CH and a winger and this will be a productive window ..........

Tammy has scored 23 goals for Bristol City in the EFL as well as his goals for us you mention.
15 in 36 games for Chelsea.
Completed a season loan for Swansea in the premier league before he came to us.
Played for England.

Watkins. One high scoring season in the EFL and has played for Exeter and Weston Super Mare.

Quite rightly Tammy is expensive in todays market. Far superior to Watkins.