NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 56 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the truth probably falls somewhere between the points of Jackson should've done better and there was nothing he could do to stop us getting here.

I think Wlatic and Moonay both make valid cases but the thing I used to say about Jackson back when he was getting critasim for the clubs failings during the Joyce days and I'm repeating the same sentiment now - i don't think we have enough insight int how much influence he has over anything and if his judgement / suggestions were ignored or followed. Without that type of info it's hard to accurately judge his level of blame.

We've had:
Director movements in May
18th November 2019 ( http://www.ientcorp.com/attachment/pdf/1574071196qpYcP.pdf ) disposal agreement
14th Feb ( http://www.ientcorp.com/attachment/pdf/1581683928Camqf.pdf ) loan agreement

Etc.

So, the change of ownership & associated loan ......................... and director changes post JJ's rebellion against the acceptance of the loan.

You never answered the question ........................ what could/should he have done? ....... or done differently?

I think the truth probably falls somewhere between the points of Jackson should've done better and there was nothing he could do to stop us getting here.

I think Wlatic and Moonay both make valid cases but the thing I used to say about Jackson back when he was getting critasim for the clubs failings during the Joyce days and I'm repeating the same sentiment now - i don't think we have enough insight int how much influence he has over anything and if his judgement / suggestions were ignored or followed. Without that type of info it's hard to accurately judge his level of blame.

I think KDZ, blame re the day to day running of the club (like the ones you - and others - have mentioned previously, and the catastrophic happenings causing our entry into admin are two completely separate issues.

JJ may well indeed bear some responsibility for the former ............... I'm still struggling to see any logical or reasonable explanation as to why he deserves any criticism or blame for the latter.

Very fair point on this.

The only thing I'd disagree on is the range:

Jackson should/could have saved us and there was nothing he could do to stop us getting here.

I'm seeing things in a very cold manor, others wont. I dont think Jackson could have saved us, I do think he could have been better prepared (even if we just take into consideration after the 22nd July when the season ended) for this eventuality.

So, the change of ownership & associated loan ......................... and director changes post JJ's rebellion against the acceptance of the loan.

You never answered the question ........................ what could/should he have done? ....... or done differently?

One thing that could have been done better is launch this appeal for funds / getting involved in it as of the 22nd July. Give the supporters time to get the money together, petition people who could afford it etc.

As the deal to the stock exchange was a public announcement I believe it should have also been announced to the clubs supporters, so they directly knew.

Encouraging the supports club to consider if fan ownership was something in their plans for the future and helping them to setup, (if he had any worries or concerns) would have also been a good action.

Not authorizing as much spending in the off season last year and adjusting the fans expectations, based on last minute money being the order of the day.

Selling more players before the transfer deadline, if the cash flow of the company was purely relying on the last minute money, and trying to communicate the reason to the fans.

Its a very very hindsight post, but you've asked for exact "what could have been done?"

22nd July is more logical than 1st. ............. though it was still a while afterwards before we knew that the preferred bidder was backing out, and even then , we still had others ................. but I take your point. I'd have said early August ............. but isn't that when they started doing their research (Portsmouth, Exeter etc).

As I said elsewhere, I doubt he "authorised" any spending ......that'd be Choi.

Transfer deadline in January? ...... whilst still in the shit? ......really?

Nah. Sorry.

Consensus info - Portsmouth press, WEP and transfermkt - suggests we paid £2.43m for Jamal Lowe last summer.
The admins have just sold him for £800k a loss of £1.63m on a player now well established in the championship.
How does that represent any value at all given that debt is now close to zero ?
Will that even cover what we owe Pompey in outstanding installments?
There's market value, fire sale value, taking the piss value and this deal sits below the last one.
Even bailiffs behave more professionally than this when valuing assets to take away.
Shameful just shameful
Cook paid too much for him in the first place. Given his performances over the season we have robbed Swansea.

Just wondering ,does anyone know the time of tomorrows press conference?

Yep, for me its not about the money, but about securing the future of the club.

JJ has been part of this club going to the wall and unfortunately anything he says doesnt really hold weight for me beyond what anyone else talking on the forum was. The difference is no one on this forum is asking me for money to keep the club alive!

"Didn't have time" doesnt really float with me, we've been in administration since 1st July, 24th July the preferred bidder didnt take the chance for exclusivity.
Very easy to criticise from the outside, when you have little or no idea of the circumstance.
If you actually listened to JJ on the podcast he tells you the timescale and the reasons for this all happening now.
I have been involved with administrators a couple of times (the last time at senior level) and they tell you next to nothing except what they need, it's all part of the process. ,they are not there to be liked, and never are but you need to work with them in order to at least try to achieve the best outcome for yourself and the company.
Your accusations against JJ are way off the mark with no foundation whatsoever

Exactly, given the problems that seem to have been happening behind the scenes (late money, takeovers, director changes), failed attempts of them using the club for different income streams, covid suspending the league etc. I dont think it was a stretch to imagine this happening.
So come on then, tell us what he should have done.
And be realistic about it given he was Chief Exec and not owner or Chair.
If the funds for the outgoings were budgeted for, as they were, then the CEO has to work to the budget, end of story

Very easy to criticise from the outside, when you have little or no idea of the circumstance.
If you actually listened to JJ on the podcast he tells you the timescale and the reasons for this all happening now.
I have been involved with administrators a couple of times (the last time at senior level) and they tell you next to nothing except what they need, it's all part of the process. ,they are not there to be liked, and never are but you need to work with them in order to at least try to achieve the best outcome for yourself and the company.
Your accusations against JJ are way off the mark with no foundation whatsoever

Kenny I understand he's a fan, I understand his heart was in the right place. I've not made any accusations against JJ. I've said he could have done things better, that is a fact, in life you can always look back and do something better. Just one example of what I feel could have been better is making a club announcement in regards to a potential take over, when the take over was posted to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Im not asking for people to agree with my point of view, but its an actual fact he played a part in the mess as he was the CE of the club!!!

For further "what could he have done in hindsight?" I answered on this page at Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Just to state I'll never accept there was nothing JJ could have done better or that he has 100% no blame in any current situation of the club. That position makes no logical sense to me.

To confirm my thoughts, 3 situations:
No Blame
Some Blame <-- Im here
All Blame

2 more situations
No other actions could have been taken
Some other actions could have been taken <-- Im here

Last edited:
Is there any money left from previous campaign that raised 200k or is that all gone? We are approaching a quarter of the amount already and need to keep pushing on.

Is there any money left from previous campaign that raised 200k or is that all gone? We are approaching a quarter of the amount already and need to keep pushing on.
Given that the £200k was used to pay for travel etc expenses to games, pay (non football) wages and buy the kit, I doubt there'll be much left ........ and it's probably still being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.