NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 53 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard future monies owed re previous sales. I wouldn’t get too excited, I suspect admins have renegotiated any money owed with a reduced sum payable immediately.

Like I say moonay changes have to be made or we will lose a lot of clubs. Sooner or later an emergency war chest must be set up funded by the FA, EFL, PFA, lottery grant etc etc. Let's say Sunderland for example still owe us 2 mill for Will Grigg at the time we went into admin. We take the money out of the kitty and Sunderland pay it back in with the same instalments. It's just crazy how it works at the minute selling everything off dirt cheap like a car boot sale. How are clubs expected to get themselves out of trouble when they must pay football creditors back in total yet cannot recover any monies owed to them. There is enough money sloshing around in the sport to be able to take care of its members in crisis.
Ill never understand that why cant we recover money owed to us? Its ridiculous

What all this has proved is that rules regarding clubs in admin is grossly unfair. Many clubs will cease to exist beyond this season unless rules are changed. We could end up owing nobody being owed a fortune and be liquidated. . So forgive me if I dont do cartwheels over the job admin have done so far. Players should have a face value admin or not. If money owed to other clubs must be paid then so should money owed by other clubs. All I can see is that we may survive in the short term if a buyer comes in but long term i reckon the damage done is irreparable. .
You cannot change company law, just to suit football.
You are being totally unrealistic.

It is wrong that we were put into admin in the first place, so the EFL take the blame for this fiasco.
I've asked others on a number of occasions but not had any replies (that I can remember, apologies if posters have) so I'll try again with you Nottingham.

Can you tell me how the EFL can prevent one bloke from selling shares in a company to another bloke.
Can you tel me how the EFL can prevent a bloke putting a company that he owns into administration.

thanks in advance.

Amongst all the madness, I’m here to provide another update from my Twitter sleuthing!

Gauthier Ganaye has ‘liked’ the Wigan Athletic Twitter account’s ‘save our club’ video post...

What I didn’t pick up from this initially is that this may be (possibly a stretch) a confirmation that, if Ganaye and Co. do buy the club, they’re happy for the supporters to have a stake and for us to be involved financially.

JJ does say he’s open to negotiating with potential buyers on this very topic, and hopefully this is confirmation that Ganaye would be one of them and talks would be positive.

Last edited:
I've asked others on a number of occasions but not had any replies (that I can remember, apologies if posters have) so I'll try again with you Nottingham.

Can you tell me how the EFL can prevent one bloke from selling shares in a company to another bloke.
Can you tel me how the EFL can prevent a bloke putting a company that he owns into administration.

thanks in advance.

You can't purchase a football club solely with a loan. That is where the EFL messed up. Someone posted this rule a while back on here I believe.

You can't purchase a football club solely with a loan. That is where the EFL messed up. Someone posted this rule a while back on here I believe.

That doesn't answer either of my questions, in fact, how could the EFL stop Au Yeung buying shares off Choi with a loan, with cash, or with a nod and a wink.
Anyway, never mind, I've moved on, bigger fish to fry.

That doesn't answer either of my questions, in fact, how could the EFL stop Au Yeung buying shares off Choi with a loan, with cash, or with a nod and a wink.
Anyway, never mind, I've moved on, bigger fish to fry.

It would have prevented the initial move to NLF which is where Au Yeung got on board. So Au Yeung would never have been the owner.

Because it's owed to us at a future point........... & we agreed to the specific date and amount. .........Just like we were due to pay other clubs at a future point, before being made to pay up now due to being in Admin.
Understand thanks! Shame the football family wont defer some of
their payments to help a club in need!

It would have prevented the initial move to NLF which is where Au Yeung got on board. So Au Yeung would never have been the owner.
Nope, they could not prevent that, all they could prevent is Wigan Athletic being members of the English Football League and thankfully, whilst they should have done this, they didn't because they are incompetent from top to bottom.

Understand thanks! Shame the football family wont defer some of
their payments to help a club in need!
What this sorry episode has confirmed sadly is that the football family doesn't exist.
Notable exceptions of Charlton and (maybe surprisingly) Newcastle.
Going forwards the other 89 clubs (with special mention to Barnsley) can feck right off when their own hour of need arrives and for many that will not be far away.

What this sorry episode has confirmed sadly is that the football family doesn't exist.
Going forwards the other 89 clubs (with special mention to Barnsley) can feck right off when their own hour of need arrives and for many that will not be far away.
There were loads of Fulham fans that donated on the other 'crowdfunder' to be honest.

Bit harsh to tar an entire sporting community with a single brush. I know for a fact that a Fulham fan, a Liverpool fan, a Sunderland fan and a Bury fan donated to the original crowd fund with minimal persuasion needed from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.