The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I'm sure we could get a few quid for Hogan considering how much he was scoring at The Sty.

Make them stump up at least £10m
You’re forgetting no one is as stupid as we were in that first championship season.

I read he went off the boil later in the season reverting to typical Hogan style. Would be delighted if we got a packet of biscuits for him

You’re forgetting no one is as stupid as we were in that first championship season.

I read he went off the boil later in the season reverting to typical Hogan style. Would be delighted if we got a packet of biscuits for him

Pack of biscuits is better than nothing.

But I would imagine we could at least get a few million for him, surely? Or do we just not take transfer fees anymore

I like Origi, I thought he was a donkey when I first saw him but actually he’s a good player. Surely though he’s too important for Liverpool, even if he is an impact sub?

Actually looking at the final table, which of the top half teams do you think we can overtake over a full season of results? Think this is a challenge from where our squad sits, even with 3/4 quality additions

I agree, I think we're quite some way away from that even with 3-4 decent signings - and the current manager.

In the meantime, I'll gladly settle for upper bottom half next season.

Nowhere near enough that, need to double that if we really are intending to push on, then we can buy quality.

Well if we have £150m+ I'm sure they won't want to broadcast that to all and sundry ahead of deals being secured - not that we can spend that much anyway without offloading you know who ...

Whoever the scout was that was sent to watch Lansbury should be released too, if they haven’t already.

Lansbury was doing fine at Forest, 33 goals over 150 appearances. Surprised he wasn't used more as a sub by DS; his non-goal against Arsenal this season was sheer class. Reckon with dodgy knees sub is about the limit though.

Again, I believe Lansbury's best season was with Gardner as def mid but we decided to never use them that way.

Need to get quality in quickly and be ready for the1st game, can’t afford to lose ground early on.

bookmakers have us at 9/4 2nd favs to get relegated, they fancy Leeds Utd 4/1 to stay up over us....I do hope they’re wrong.

Pack of biscuits is better than nothing.

But I would imagine we could at least get a few million for him, surely? Or do we just not take transfer fees anymore

Not sure, rumour has it he's on mega wages for the championship which would probably put most buyers off and he's not exactly been in good form for the last 3 and a half years. Presumably we've been trying to offload for since Jan 2019 but have only been able to loan him out.

Lansbury was doing fine at Forest, 33 goals over 150 appearances. Surprised he wasn't used more as a sub by DS; his non-goal against Arsenal this season was sheer class. Reckon with dodgy knees sub is about the limit though.
He was regarded as one of the top Championship players and we actually picked him up quite cheaply on the initial transfer fee. I think though injuries and subsequent lack of fitness have done it for him. I can't see him playing 10 games next season for us so on that basis we should try to get rid although that would probably require us paying him off