The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

He’s usually a late sub for Firmino or Mane when they are trying to run the clock down.

that's what I mean about stats being misleading, 42 games he's played this season, no he bloody well hasn't. Just like the 42 games, Keinan Davis has played in the last 3 years they never happened.

I guess at some point Liverpool will sell him as he's never going to play there on a regular basis

All for signing experience but surely we should be aiming higher than Crystal Palace’s squad players.

Considering he only cost £3m 12 months ago makes you question why we weren’t in for him last summer, he would have added useful experience to the squad over the season and far better than Drinkwater who joined in Jan. But right now I think we need to be looking at experience AND quality combined and you would hope we could push the boat out a little further
The context is key.

McCarthy is a decent player at this level. If we're signing him for the squad then at £5m it's good business, he has 250 odd premier league appearances and can do a competent job.

If he's signing to be in the first team however that's not a great sign, but I just don't see that being the case.

that's what I mean about stats being misleading, 42 games he's played this season, no he bloody well hasn't. Just like the 42 games, Keinan Davis has played in the last 3 years they never happened.

I guess at some point Liverpool will sell him as he's never going to play there on a regular basis
Origi is not a good finisher but he is a good player with pace and ability. Would be a welcome addition. He can play a wider role as well. It's possible that he's being eyed up to play out wide as opposed to through the middle.

they loaned him to Lille where he made the 'worst XI' of the season
pish when on loan in Germany as well

no doubt some one will end up overpaying for him

The context is key.

McCarthy is a decent player at this level. If we're signing him for the squad then at £5m it's good business, he has 250 odd premier league appearances and can do a competent job.

If he's signing to be in the first team however that's not a great sign, but I just don't see that being the case.
Yep wouldn’t turn my nose at such an experienced player, but as per all my previous comments about not overhauling the squad for me we should only be looking at players expected to start 30 games and I’m not sure he would. This guy would have been ideal last season to provide experience but for next season we need to try to push on with a bit more quality.

The context is key.

I take it this guy is used as a defensive midfielder, because with four hundred domestic and international games under his belt, he has only found the net thirty times.

Nowhere near enough that, need to double that if we really are intending to push on, then we can buy quality.

I think we might raise a few quid literally by shifting some of the deadwood like Lansbury and co, probably have to shift 5 out to raise 10m and bring 5 in for 110m, prices should be good as only the PL clubs have any money the rest are there to be plundered on the cheap

Nowhere near enough that, need to double that if we really are intending to push on, then we can buy quality.

Well........ sell Kalinic, Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, Jota and Bree, that should bring in another 10m, Davis, say 5m. That could be 115m.

That should be enough for 3 or 4 quality players.

Well........ sell Kalinic, Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, Jota and Bree, that should bring in another 10m, Davis, say 5m. That could be 115m.

That should be enough for 3 or 4 quality players.

I know it won’t happen, but I’d hope we’d look at the players we so need, rather than players within a set amount...we can but dream.