The Championship Thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

And in the most unsurprising surprise, Warnock is staying at Boro.

As other people have suggested, expect them to challenge next season. And expect their fans to complain about the anti-football he plays.

I read Warnock’s autobiography and it oozes off the page, the fact that he lives and breathes the game. So how is it he continues to play such agricultural shite?

Can’t go back over history, based on mistaken decisions. Everyone will be making claims. Roofe handball, last season, Maradona “hand of god”. Everyone will have a claim on some decision. It was a mistake. In a long list of mistakes. It is part of the game.

Can’t go back over history, based on mistaken decisions. Everyone will be making claims. Roofe handball, last season, Maradona “hand of god”. Everyone will have a claim on some decision. It was a mistake. In a long list of mistakes. It is part of the game.
Does anyone remember the phantom goal a few years ago? I think it was Watford; can't remember if it was for or against. The goal was given even though it hit the advertising board at the side.

Does anyone remember the phantom goal a few years ago? I think it was Watford; can't remember if it was for or against. The goal was given even though it hit the advertising board at the side.

Yeah I think it was against Reading. The ball had gone several feet wide and inexplicably a goal was given.

There was also an incident for Palace against Bristol City I think, back when Warnock was Palace manager. Their player scored a perfectly good goal but the ball bounced straight back out of the net. Both the ref and linesman didn't see that the player had actually scored and the goal wasn't given.

Here it is:

Only made funnier by how enraged Warnock was afterwards.

As other people have suggested, expect them to challenge next season. And expect their fans to complain about the anti-football he plays.

I read Warnock’s autobiography and it oozes off the page, the fact that he lives and breathes the game. So how is it he continues to play such agricultural shite?

agricultural successful shite as opposed to our ...., predictable unsuccessful shite?

agricultural successful shite as opposed to our ...., predictable unsuccessful shite?
For all of his promotions I don’t remember him actually managing to either keep a side in the Prem or stay at the club he got there. And there are levels of shite and then there’s Warnock’s anti-football shite.

Tbf there isn't actually a single quote from Bournemouth.
Just noticed that myself. The same as their Ben White story says he is considering his future when all he says is that he is grateful to Leeds and their fans for making him welcome.

Lazy, speculative journalism or is there actually something in it..?

Agreed Boro will be up there next year.

I read his book as well. Warnock felt sorry for Paul Hart after the 2003 play-offs. Also a few stories about Cloughie. How Cloughie used to walk past the Notts County players training when Warnock was in charge at Meadow Lane. Also a story about Warnock bringing his young son to a friendly against Forest and his son went missing, only for Warnock to find him with Cloughie who had given the kid a toy.

Karanka to Brum. Cook to Bristol? Warnock to Boro. The merry go round begins. Of the teams that fail in the playoffs I can’t see many changing managers. Including Forest, PNE and Blackburn from the also rans. Perhaps a bit more stability and patience than normal. Also money tight, smaller squads, fewer new contracts.

What clubs are doing behind the scenes close season could dictate next season. A little positive activity could go a long way. Now is the time to invest, to grow.

Is no actually bad news in the case of Derby and their points deduction? Not even bothered about the full 21 points now, 17 will do.

The great Bournemouth sell off commences at Bournemouth as they accept a £41m offer for Ake.

I would have ripped their arm off while driving him there at that price...

If they keep Howe, he should have no shortage of funds and I would expect them to be very competitive next season.

The great Bournemouth sell off commences at Bournemouth as they accept a £41m offer for Ake.

I would have ripped their arm off while driving him there at that price...

If they keep Howe, he should have no shortage of funds and I would expect them to be very competitive next season.
They'll still presumably have to confirm to the same wage cap as the rest of us. I assume each current player will be worth a notional 10k a week. That means they won't have much advantage from that money, at least not next year when we are all in the same boat.

IF it comes off

because its effective

They'll still presumably have to confirm to the same wage cap as the rest of us. I assume each current player will be worth a notional 10k a week. That means they won't have much advantage from that money, at least not next year when we are all in the same boat.

IF it comes off

The details are still a little up in the air but I believe relegated teams will receive dispensation for contracts they are already committed to.

The details are still a little up in the air but I believe relegated teams will receive dispensation for contracts they are already committed to.

I was told that all clubs will get dispensation for existing contracts - All contracts above 10k per week will be set at a nominal 10k per week, with all new contracts counting at their full value towards the cap.

That is the only way they can implement the cap immediately; they expect the situation to level out within three years

IF it comes off

Yes, it will be in Bournemouth's best interests to keep as many of their current players as they can.

If they go out and buy new players they will be counted towards the cap; existing players will have their contracts set at a nominal figure - 10k is the figure being quoted.

This could turn out to be a better leveller than first imagined