McGrandles signs

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover, yeah

I'm not sure tongue in cheek and those lyrics are a good fit.

For our younger viewers this what they are on about. Men at work:

How much of this was down to the draw of MApp and his vision for both club and individual.

Welcome aboard, MApp team is taking shape. I for one am looking forward to watching it with not a journey man footballer insight.

"He had technical skill, there were some flashes of outrageous technique from time to time. But mroe than that, there was fight in him. He wasn't afraid to get scrappy, would chase down anyone and everyone, like a Jack Russel on cocaine."

Not far off a Morrell description.

Sounds like MK just wanted him gone to free up money/bring their budget down so that presented us with an opportunity. I can't imagine they'll be too many similar league position clubs who do business like that, so it looks very good business from our end.

MK Dons on Twitter are seriously unimpressed with his move away from Stadium MK. They rate him very highly.

We can now see what MA is doing via his recruitment policy and there look like some exciting times ahead. Really pleased with the way the pre season window is going so far.

This is a brilliant signing in my opinion. He was their most dangerous playmaker in that 2-0 win at MK in 2019.

Doesn't score many, which would be an nice addition to his game, but him and Jones as our central midfield two is going to be fantastic.

I also like Edun as well and wonder if he'll now become the regular left back.

Either way really upbeat about this signing.

From the MK Forum:

"On the face of it, it's quite an odd move by us.
I know I've only spoken to Martin once. Albeit for two hours. He certainly came across as an extremely principled man. He walked away from Walsall because he felt it wasn't the right fit for him. I'd be amazed if this has been done above his head. I doubt that we've bent over for a no mark, glorified non-league team like Lincoln".

Bitter, much :rotfl::smoke:

I like the thick Git who has posted the 'jumped up non league ' comment.I nearly choked on my Nandos
It takes quite a bit to flush you out into the open oldgaurd but I can see that one was a direct mortar strike to your snipers hide. :grinning:

Got me biting, if you want a non league club you only need to look at the club they stole or the original Milton Keynes club

Looking forward to seeing how he fits in, with grant, Jones, Edun... the wingers. If he can play that number 10 type role we have been missing for a while, it will be a great signing. Another one at a great age for ma to develop.

Nurse, we need you to extract splinters from this man's arse!

Actually I'm quite chuffed at this signing, especially as he's Scottish, and more so than others apart from big dutch lad who seems a good signing too.
Hope most the new players come good.
Main thing is all are ultra cheap and we outsurvive the rest financially.

It seems MA is going for very specific characteristics .
Both James Jones and McGrandles are:
24 years old
Scottish
From L1 clubs
Ball-playing midfielders
Once highly thought of
Have serious leg injuries in their past