When do you intend to do a non food shop. | Vital Football

When do you intend to do a non food shop.

Are you going to the high street or shopping centre(apart from supermarket type shopping)?

• Not be back since coronavirus but I will when I feel safe.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I never go to a high street or shopping centre.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Not been back and don't know if I will.

• Going as regularly as I normally would.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I will go more often we must keep shops open.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will go down and do Christmas shopping it is a once or twice a year thing

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I live and shop in Medway area when I go.

• I live in Medway but never shop in the towns or local shopping centres.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I live outside Medway area .

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I live outside the UK

• I do all my shopping online.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never shop online .

• I do most of my shopping online .

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I will do more shopping online in future.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I live in Medway but will soon be moving out of the area.

• Total voters
Lol my missus has a ladies fashion shop and she has done brilliantly well since reopening after lockdown. I do the books and believe it or not, she is only 3k down year on year which is catch-up able.
It would be really weird if the financial year turned out ok despite losing three months.
If it does, it’s tempting to take a really long holiday next year. 😁

I only go to medway High Street when I need to e g. Dentist, Opticians etc. Shopping now its just easier on line. I feel for the high streets but its just easier to search online

Lol my missus has a ladies fashion shop and she has done brilliantly well since reopening after lockdown. I do the books and believe it or not, she is only 3k down year on year which is catch-up able.
It would be really weird if the financial year turned out ok despite losing three months.
That's fantastic news can I ask if the shop is in Medway?

Possibly shows that women will return and possibly spend the same as normal if they have the same income. Not sure men will do the same.
I know how buying is really important in fashion. Having run a menswear shop year ago.Although only as manager I did some buying and know how hard it is to get that side right even with classic stuff.

What on earth are you trying to capture by having 28593 different choices?

I have been back to our local shops, lakeside in the past week. I do tend to buy most things online, and only where i want to try something out/on or if i want it more urgently than next day do i go to the shops.

I have to admit the talk of mandatory face masks just makes me avoid the shops more. I totally understand why they are suggested, and agree to a point, i just honestly will avoid shops where at all possible.

I can unfortunately see the high street really going down hill even further in the coming years. I think intu are already in serious financial trouble.

Last edited:
What on earth are you trying to capture by having 28593 different choices?

I have been back to our local shops, lakeside in the past week. I do tend to buy most things online, and only where i want to try something out/on or if i want it more urgently than next day do i go to the shops. I can unfortunately see the high street really going down hill even further in the coming years. I think intu are already in serious financial trouble.
I was trying to answer the general question and the question locally that means more options. I do agree with you especially in Medway I think Chatham will be worst affected Rochester might recover given the extra funding it gets.If indeed the council can afford it.
Shotshy appears to have added a bit of a twist to that view which could be a local thing or a gender thing.Or just that that shop got their products spot on this year so hasn't had a bad hit.

Last edited:
Possibly shows that women will return and possibly spend the same as normal if they have the same income. Not sure men will do the same.
I know how buying is really important in fashion. Having run a menswear shop year ago.Although only as manager I did some buying and know how hard it is to get that side right even with classic stuff.
You’re right Chris, it’s all about the buying.
She has the ‘eye’ but as importantly, stocks U.K., Scandinavian and Italian brands that you cannot buy on line.
It’s what we’ve always done.
Around Next prices for better products.
It worked for us for years in the south east and so far, it’s working down here.
Her client base is generally ladies with money.
A few will come in and spend £250 in a single purchase without batting an eyelid .
The money is out there, it’s just about a good offering.

Mrs Nobby won't buy clothing online as she likes to try stuff on (or buy it, try it on at home then change if needed, as it stands at the moment). She's spent f*** all during lockdown which is great.
We went to Lakeside pretty much as soon as it re opened and, true to form, er indoors bought two dresses and a pair of shoes ffs.
I'm looking forward to a second spike so I can lock her and the bank cards up again 🙄

A rather strange poll , putting it politely.

For what it's worth , I tend to wait in the car while she does the shopping.
I'd love to blame Covid , but I'm always like that.

I thought I was bored during the lockdown period but this poll takes the biscuit, absolutely incredible attention to detail provided by Chris for a pretty simple question. We have got options coming out of our ears, unbelievable Jeff!

I got as far down as option 6 "I will go down and do Christmas shopping it is a once or twice a year thing" before I spat my bloody tea out with laughter!
The fact is if a large percentage of UK shops close that will affect the whole country especially the worst hit areas with higher local taxes .Being a retail worker at heart I still miss it after 20 years or more.But Sunday opening finished me off.I do really feel for most of those who depend on it to live.

Not been to a shop since beginning of April, not even a food shop. I'm sorting out how to buy food for work online when I go back to work, within the weekly shop. Can't see my wife going into any building for while and she's been indoors since beginning of March. Have been buying a lot online recently, and trying to buy British. Our Sky box broke at the start of lockdown, and was going to replace it with Sky Q, so didn't buy another box. Have now decided to stick with Freeview and have got a box that records. That box is British, even though its called Manhattan?!

I don’t tend to go to shops, I don’t think I’ve been to Westfield or Bluewater for about 18 months now.

I’d occasionally go into the west end on a Sunday with my gaffer but the 7 day congestion charge has put a stop to that

SE1 - Go to the West End with a car, you have to be mad. You could walk from where you live!
If he is living in Bermondsey it would take about a hour and a quarter to walk it .I regularly walked miles in London if you know your way London is really quite small.The speed the traffic used to travel before the congestion charge it was often the quickest way if the tube wasn't running. But when it was warm or the tube was jammed packed I would regularly walk regardless.

Last edited:
Not been out yet apart from food shopping and that is still click and collect! We got the kids a play house for the garden which is the only non food thing I think we have bought! Lookdown has been very good for the bank balance!

I have to admit the talk of mandatory face masks just makes me avoid the shops more. I totally understand why they are suggested, and agree to a point, i just honestly will avoid shops where at all possible.
This is my feeling too, I don't like seeing facemasks and that is going to put me off going to a shopping centre or high street for "something to do". Good luck to those that work in retail or have shops - the roads are going to get jammed with the online delivery drivers