The Championship Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

At the moment it’s between us, Cardiff, Swansea and Derby for two places. If Preston win they are part of it too.

We can finish Preston if we beat them and Cardiff can do similar to Swansea if they win - at least in terms of them catching us.

Going to be interesting the next two rounds of fixtures but the reality Is that two wins and we are in the pray offs for the first time in too long.

Preston are losing and on a bad run, they are probably done if they can't turn this one round.

Argh!! Roller-coaster.

Posted at 21:3121:31

GOAL: Sheff Wed 1-2 Preston

Jayden Stockley (87 mins)

But now have North End snatched it?

Posted at 21:3121:31

DISALLOWED GOAL (Sheff Wed)

Sheff Wed 1-1 Preston

The Owls are celebrating what they think is an 86th-minute winner as Julian Borner's header bounces in to the net from a corner... But it's ruled out. The linesman's flag is up on the near side. The keeper was impeded, it seems.

So we have a 5 point cushion, effectively 6, with just four games to go.

I'd have taken that at the beginning of the season.

Can't see any of them winning all four remaining games. Two wins does it for sure. Might only need one more.

I think 4 points will probably be enough given the fixtures and I'd like 3 of those asap. Nice of Preston to come back to life in time for Sat, bloody typical.

We are about to see what the team is really made of. There is some real pressure to hold our playoff spot now, time to step up and be brave.

We won't know that till the games are done, he knows he fooked up but that's done let's hope we can get a win at Preston and results go our way.