Villa v Wolves Match Thread - | Page 22 | Vital Football

Villa v Wolves Match Thread -

All he does lately is slow everything down, take too many touches and lose the ball.

I'm now of the opinion that he's a big part of the problem.

I have to agree - he gets the ball, looks to play a quick ball wide, then checks back in, cuts inside, everyone is marked on the edge of the box.

It feels to me at times that Jack will only play the ball to certain players.

Dean Smiths comments
4 games in 11 days. Up against a top 6 side. We had better chances, solid defensively More than matched Wolves.Fatigue, errors unlucky.

And we had to spend more money! I know that sounds silly, but we had to replace half a squad! We needed to spend another 50-60 million. january was worrying because our owners did not back us to stay up.
I’m not sure, I think we just spent poorly IMO. Could have bought a few loans, for example, and could have made some more savvy signings but wanted to go for untested players instead - that was an active decision by the club. Never once did it look like it was on our radar to bring in experience, apart from the keeper.

I read a quote from Smith yesterday, I kid you not he said " If you play with two strikers you get the ball forwards too early"

So what is the alternative, play keep the ball and let them get 9 behind the ball, he really is a thick nuevo tippy Tappy twat , read some coaching manual like Lambert I suppose.

Most goals are scored from corners freekicks or moves of less than 4 passes FACT as they say on here

I’m not sure, I think we just spent poorly IMO. Could have bought a few loans, for example, and could have made some more savvy signings but wanted to go for untested players instead - that was an active decision by the club. Never once did it look like it was on our radar to bring in experience, apart from the keeper.

It was a failed strategy that everyone could see apart from those making the decisions.

I read a quote from Smith yesterday, I kid you not he said " If you play with two strikers you get the ball forwards too early"

So what is the alternative, play keep the ball and let them get 9 behind the ball, he really is a thick nuevo tippy Tappy twat , read some coaching manual like Lambert I suppose.

Most goals are scored from corners freekicks or moves of less than 4 passes FACT as they say on here
Which is what that bloke Hughes said about 30 years ago.

If a CEO is questioning team selection and tactics then something is very wrong at the club.

It is worrying.
Pitarch and Purslow both didn't exactly come with great reputations.

The American owner (forgot his name) has done quite well with the Bucks in the US (totally different ball gane obvs) but I've heard him say that it came totally down to the people they employed and getting the right team in (as in the backroom staff)

Basketball (player) recruitment works totally differently, but in terms of the behind the scenes folk I don't think they've got it right over here sadly.

On the form of Douglas Luiz it makes me think Man City are going to buy him back he’s been real quality since the return and he should be dictating our play with his quick passes rather than Grealish. If he stays I hope he’s the focal point, but I’m not confident he will stay he will be a bargain for city to buy back

He's certainly not 'obviously' better than Hause. One cost like £2.5m and the other £25m+ plus. Mings is a rash presence at the back, his positioning is poor and he's erratic on the ball. He consistently mistakes himself for Ronald Koeman or Matthias Sammer.

He's a blocker, he constantly playing people on side Carlos Cuellar style defending shocking player he was but some loved him