Aston Villa Released list 2020 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Released list 2020

JW1985

Vital Champions League
Not sure if this has been put up somewhere else or not but this is the list of players we're releasing.

Green and Chester given short extensions to finish their loan spells but then they are off as well. Baston will be off as well so 1 less striker in the squad.

Personally I'd have given Chester, Green and O'Hare new deals as all 3 could do a job in the championship next season.

Ross Mccormack got 13m in wages off us for 26 appearances and 3 goals. And we paid 12m for him. Remember thinking we were guaranteed 20 goals from him when he signed. For sheer money wasted compared to impact he's got to be the worst signing we've ever made surely.
Up there with Charles nzogbia for sure

With Baston gone does this mean we'll see Louie Barry in the squad vs Wolves. Not even sure what other under 23s strikers we've got seeing as Dmitri Sea has been let go as well.

Ross Mccormack got 13m in wages off us for 26 appearances and 3 goals. And we paid 12m for him. Remember thinking we were guaranteed 20 goals from him when he signed. For sheer money wasted compared to impact he's got to be the worst signing we've ever made surely.
A million quid a match almost - unbelievable Jeff!!

O’Hare, interesting. Could very well be relegated and up against Cov next season minus Grealish, surely offer him another deal?

Hepburn-Murphy well, remember all that fuss about him a couple of years ago when his agent was blowing smoke up his arse 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not sure if this has been put up somewhere else or not but this is the list of players we're releasing.

Green and Chester given short extensions to finish their loan spells but then they are off as well. Baston will be off as well so 1 less striker in the squad.

Personally I'd have given Chester, Green and O'Hare new deals as all 3 could do a job in the championship next season.

We'll only know whether you're right on that when we see next season's squad I guess. I always liked O'Hare but a former scout told me that he was a player you would love in a 5 a side game. So what do I know?

Balaban???

Just show how crap they all are if they are worse than the current first team, no real surprises. Andre Green not kicking on is probably my biggest surprise, had his chance last season and let Albert oust him

Just show how crap they all are if they are worse than the current first team, no real surprises. Andre Green not kicking on is probably my biggest surprise, had his chance last season and let Albert oust him

Green never looked to me to have any real belief in himself. He could not have got a bigger endorsement from the manager after we binned Bolasie off and recalled him last season but he never really took the chance.

Last edited:
Green never looked to me to have any real belief in himself. He could not have gotten a bigger endorsement from the manager after we binned Bolasie off and recalled him last season but he never really took the chance.

Fully agree mate except its Got not gotten :throw:

O’Hare, interesting. Could very well be relegated and up against Cov next season minus Grealish, surely offer him another deal?

Hepburn-Murphy well, remember all that fuss about him a couple of years ago when his agent was blowing smoke up his arse 🤦🏻‍♂️
RHM is like a poor version of Delfonso

RHM is like a poor version of Delfonso

Should have been loaned out at 17 to give him experience. No good players only getting regular game time once they are 20.

We've had our priorities all wrong with our youth teams. Its all well and good creating youth sides that do well in their leagues and tournaments but we've almost hoarded our youngsters in the under 23s instead of letting them go out and get experience. Hopefully this will change under the new set up.