Match Day Thread: Manchester United v The Mighty Blades | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: Manchester United v The Mighty Blades

It feels like the season we were having before the shut down was all a dream and the last three games have been the real start of our prem return that everyone (me included) expected.

Get a grip peeps. We're ok - we're safe and the worst is over.

But what has happened to JOC??
The rumours were he would be out for the season and it looks like they were very near the mark

Last edited:
Let’s be honest it isn’t good nobodies disputing that but we would all have taken 17th in August how we are playing now is probably how most of us expected us to start the season it looks like being a painful end to it but every time we have encountered problems as a team Chris has come up with a solution to it,I’m happy to trust him we will be plying our trade here next season and at least 2 clubs with bigger wage bills won’t be so got to dwell on the positives Europe was a dream that looked attainable and maybe it would have been but for the most Sheff Utd thing ever a global pandemic that allowed all our rivals to get all their injured players back and us to lose all our momentum

All too quiet innit Aya? I hope he's not got a dose of BT knee or had a bit too much sun.
Yes, it's odd. Contact injury, awaiting results, not out to the end of the season. No updates.

What was interesting from yesterday was CW's pre match interview." When I review the end of the season I might have to think about getting nastier,making a bit more noise about things" he was talking about his approach to the media, to making a bit more fuss about the wrongs we have suffered.

Abut time too Chris, stop the jocular, happy to be here approach. You've earned that right, make it count.

Not worth more than a point rod. Enjoy your steak pie. No idea about footie.
No idea abart footy?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Whether we were worth more than a point aint the point,we scored a goal that should have counted and Villa didn't score,hence we should've won 1-0.I would've thought someone that thinks he knows everythin abart everythin in his own La la mind, should be able to work out that if a team scores one goal and doesn't concede they win the game,Tut,tut, TUT Beany.:clown::giggle: Keep off the Happy pills cos they're not workin for thi. UTMPB

Yes, it's odd. Contact injury, awaiting results, not out to the end of the season. No updates.

What was interesting from yesterday was CW's pre match interview." When I review the end of the season I might have to think about getting nastier,making a bit more noise about things" he was talking about his approach to the media, to making a bit more fuss about the wrongs we have suffered.

Abut time too Chris, stop the jocular, happy to be here approach. You've earned that right, make it count.
I saw a rumour yesdi that Jack's not injured and has refused to play cos he's leavin BDBL and goin to Man Utd in this window,the rumour also said theer's been a big dressin room bust up.I think it's ballax(probably) but the way we're playin it looks like summat's not right wi our boys.By the way that Bruno Fernandes looks a player for Manure.UTMPB

I saw a rumour yesdi that Jack's not injured and has refused to play cos he's leavin BDBL and goin to Man Utd in this window,the rumour also said theer's been a big dressin room bust up.I think it's ballax(probably) but the way we're playin it looks like summat's not right wi our boys.By the way that Bruno Fernandes looks a player for Manure.UTMPB
He's changed their season Rod and no JOC has changed ours.

As I posted above, there's somat amiss somewhere. I hope it's not 'player power' trying it on because CW won't put up with it but,in the rarified atmosphere of the PL, maybe some are getting a bit uppity. They should remember where he's brought them from if that's the case. It's a Catch 22 because he's improved some so much that they're forced to attract attention from other clubs.

Let's hope it's a temporary blip not a full scale pandemic across the club.

There might be no next season if this pandemic picks up again Chippy. A wise fella once said to me,don't worry abart somethin you have no influence over. UTMPB
Rod, wise words but I fear the next season will still be behind closed doors.

There might be no next season if this pandemic picks up again Chippy. A wise fella once said to me,don't worry abart somethin you have no influence over. UTMPB
A similar saying i have is very appropriate to football.

Dont worry about things that you cant change(past games),worry about the things that you can change.(next games)

See Basham is the latest player to come out and say we have let you down,that after McBurnie the other day saying much the same.Team must be feeling stressed.

These games are coming thick and fast,Wilder says the turnaround in games is'nt helping preparation,i think this is where you find the top teams who have great players seem to lap it all up and take it in their stride.

Unless we drop then it counts for me.
Worthless in terms of watchability Chips, of course it counts but, behind closed doors, makes it sort of artificial, less meaningful although it will count, in the history books, but with an * against it.

I've enjoyed the footie I've watched so far (except ours) but the matches last night at 6.00 in the heat were not right......should have been played later.

I've enjoyed the footie I've watched so far (except ours) but the matches last night at 6.00 in the heat were not right......should have been played later.
Freak non goals, freak injury (????), freak(ish) sending off, freak weather.

Can't wait for Sunday:cool: