The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

As I expected the WTO report is neither here or there when it comes to the takeover . Nothing in there that suggests that PIF or Saudi Arabia have been involved in anything that would be considered a criminal offence as per the Owners and Directors test. Also zero pressure from WTO to the Premier League when it comes to blocking the deal.

- On 16 June 2020, a World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute panel released its Report ruling against Qatar, and finding that Saudi Arabia’s national security defense was justified under WTO rules. The WTO Panel acknowledged that Saudi Arabia "seeks to protect Saudi citizens and the Saudi population, Saudi government institutions, and the territory of Saudi Arabia from the threats of terrorism and extremism" raised by Qatar in the region.
The Panel also found that Saudi Arabia's comprehensive actions were "taken in time of… other emergency in international relations", based on extensive evidence presented to the WTO tribunal by Saudi Arabia regarding Qatar's violations of regional agreements and commitments to renounce support for violence and unrest in the region.
Saudi Arabia also confirmed to the Panel that it provides strong protection of intellectual property rights, including criminal procedures and penalties in cases where credible evidence is available to the Government to support the initiation of proceedings. In addition to accepting Saudi Arabia's national security defense, the Panel rejected Qatar's remaining claims that Saudi law violated WTO rules, and rejected claims that the Saudi Government supported the alleged copyright piracy. Out of six claims by Qatar, the Panel's single finding regarding criminal proceedings was rendered moot in the course of the WTO dispute.
Saudi Arabia has a strong record of protecting intellectual property and is committed to applying its national law and procedures in full conformity with WTO rules.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will spare no effort to overcome the threats of terrorism and extremism, and Saudi Arabia is pleased that the Panel recognized its sovereign rights in this regard.
--SPA

Surely its got to go through on the nod now. Supported by the UK Government and no reason to block from the WTO. Don't see how they could throw it out. Am I missing something?

As I expected the WTO report is neither here or there when it comes to the takeover . Nothing in there that suggests that PIF or Saudi Arabia have been involved in anything that would be considered a criminal offence as per the Owners and Directors test. Also zero pressure from WTO to the Premier League when it comes to blocking the deal.

So how much longer can they string out making a decision for?

La Liga putting the boot in now and welcoming the WTO report and its findings and conclusions. You just know that a takeover is not meant to be.

La Liga putting the boot in now and welcoming the WTO report and its findings and conclusions. You just know that a takeover is not meant to be.

Thats due to Qatar airways sponsoring Barca. It’s got fuck all to do with them.

As for Bein pulling out of any tv rights in the future... ttfn.

So in Summary

Qatar -
We think KSA has been illegally streaming our services.
We think we know how they've done it
We think we know who's done it.
We think they haven't punished anyone to OUR satisfaction.

BUT we Can't PROVE any of it!

Now we are going to throw our toys out the pram and tell the PL we won't be offering as much money next time boo hoo.

KSA -

We have taken national security measures to protect our citizens from the terrorist supporting state of Qatar.

Which we CAN prove!

We acknowledge that Qatar not only support terrorists but are also a bunch of hypocritical cry babies and we will gladly offer the PL more money for their rights.

UK Government to PL

We will not be happy if you jeopardise our diplomatic relations and multi billion pound defence contracts along with other Saudi investments.

In Conclusion

Qatar are a bunch of lying, hypocritical ***** and I would laugh my cock off if that **** in charge of BeIN sports gets found guilty in Switzerland.

"Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and Fifa’s former secretary general Jerome Valcke will be tried in September in a corruption case linked to the attribution of broadcasting rights, the Swiss judiciary said Tuesday.

The two will be tried in the southeastern Swiss city of Bellinzona along with a third, unnamed man, for criminal mismanagement, incitement to criminal mismanagement, falsifying documents and corruption, the federal criminal court said.

Al-Khelaifi, who is also the boss of Qatari television channel beIN Sports, is suspected of giving inappropriate gifts to Valcke in order to secure broadcast rights to prestigious events, including the 2026 and 2030 World Cups".

Now Imagine what would happen if the takeover is blocked and this **** is found guilty?

According to the New York Times Carla Di Bello is also involved in the takeover. I include the image below merely for reference purposes :

e42ee5a454e8035a0b081a31715adb05.jpg

I hate to say it but I would actually be disappointed if the the yanks took us over.

I like the idea of being a wealthy club and upsetting the PL apple cart over the coming seasons.

I get the feeling Henry Mauriss is an Ashley Mark II

Mauriss shouldn't be anywhere near a football club . If the Premier League have concerns over PIF , how about Mauriss being under investigation by the FBI? Also the deal with PIF is agreed, there is no deal in place with any other companies or persons. If that goes through any other supposed "bids" don't mean a thing.

It could be that this is an attempt by Ashley to pressurize the advancement of the PIF deal. Though to me it's a strange move as it doesn't affect the Premier League so unless there's some prevarication on the PIF side (and why would there be as they want this done) any "pressure" is meaningless and would you want to piss off those about deliver you a boatload of cash. This is of course Ashley so applying logic and reason can often be a waste of time.